Helmet Cam- Mtbr.com

Thread: Helmet Cam

99 YARDS

Helmet Cam

I would like any info on cams that can be used for mnt bkg. Hopefully there is some thing out there that is small and light?.

Freshly Fujified

Check General Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by dorsett
    I would like any info on cams that can be used for mnt bkg. Hopefully there is some thing out there that is small and light?.
    I believe this topic has been covered several times in the GD Forum. Do a search there first. If not, try Passion, then DH/Freeride. There is some very good advice in the threads as I recall.

Good luck.

Bob
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

MattSavage

Samsung makes a really cool little digital video camera that comes with a remote lens to mount on the helmet. The camera itself is slightly larger than the hand and the lens for the helmet is a little bigger than a AA battery. You can find them at Best Buy for around 500-600 dollars.
    "I wrote a hit play! What have you ever done?!"

Have Ashtray, Will Travel....

trail rat
    There are a bunch of threads on "helmet cams" at a really cool site named MTBReviews.com. You might want to do a search for "helmet cam" there and see what you find!?

The Tony Hawk and Oregon Scientific have just come out, but noone seems to own one yet. Take a look at PricePoint, they have some lipstick cams on sale cheap. The opinions on which digital camcorder to hook it up to vary widely. Search for "Wherewolf" and for "Winston"; they post videos almost every week and have links to their sites with camera recommendations and details on what they use.
    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

CCCMB trail work for trail access - SLO, CA

Formerly DMR For Life
    search also for MountainBikeBill or MTBBill i forget excatly which one is his handle...his site in his sig has a section on setting up a helmet cam
    DMR

Members who have read this thread: 0