Helmet Cam

Printable View

• 12-22-2005
    dorsett
    Helmet Cam
    I would like any info on cams that can be used for mnt bkg. Hopefully there is some thing out there that is small and light?.
  • 12-23-2005
    Call_me_Clyde
    Check General Discussion
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dorsett
    I would like any info on cams that can be used for mnt bkg. Hopefully there is some thing out there that is small and light?.

I believe this topic has been covered several times in the GD Forum. Do a search there first. If not, try Passion, then DH/Freeride. There is some very good advice in the threads as I recall.

Good luck.

Bob
  • 12-23-2005
    mattsavage
    Quote:

Samsung makes a really cool little digital video camera that comes with a remote lens to mount on the helmet. The camera itself is slightly larger than the hand and the lens for the helmet is a little bigger than a AA battery. You can find them at Best Buy for around 500-600 dollars.
  • 12-25-2005
    slocaus
    Quote:

There are a bunch of threads on "helmet cams" at a really cool site named MTBReviews.com. You might want to do a search for "helmet cam" there and see what you find!? :D

The Tony Hawk and Oregon Scientific have just come out, but noone seems to own one yet. Take a look at PricePoint, they have some lipstick cams on sale cheap. The opinions on which digital camcorder to hook it up to vary widely. Search for "Wherewolf" and for "Winston"; they post videos almost every week and have links to their sites with camera recommendations and details on what they use.
  • 12-26-2005
    Full Mountain
    search also for MountainBikeBill or MTBBill i forget excatly which one is his handle...his site in his sig has a section on setting up a helmet cam
    DMR