Helmet with brim- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Helmet with brim

OK so i got a helmet with a visor for biking. I have worn a ball hat for years, spent 15 years working in the woods most of the time in a ball hat and some in a hard hat. But I figured since I am an ATV rider instructor and preach helmet use I needed one. I find that the sun blocking features of a ball hat are just not there with a helmet. A year or so ago it would not have mattered as much since I would be wearing a decent pair of shades but know that I need these glasses to see where I am going shades are not an option. I have the glasses that darken but they let a lot of light in around the sides and top. In the old days I would just tip my head so the hat brim blocked the light but with the helmet I can't tip my head enough to block the sun and keep my eyes on the road.

Know that you have my life history is there any helmet or add on available that has a longer brim? I don't want to look like to big of a goof.

mtbr member
    Aug 2009
    How about this?

since 4/10/2009
    On my last night ride about a week and a half ago, I nailed a tree right at the visor on my helmet. The visor took most of the impact, breaking the little tabs that keep it from sliding down over my face. The tree moved down, smashing the visor into my face. I was mostly unscathed in the incident, but others have not been so fortunate.

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=534611

Members who have read this thread: 0