Helmet=Good

Printable View

• 02-12-2006
    mxrider489
    1 Attachment(s)
    Helmet=Good
    Went for a ride with some friends the other day. There is this tiny little drop we just hit for fun sometimes. No more than 5 feet. Just decided to see who could launch it furthest. I guess I was just too comfortable and didn't think much of it cause it was small and I'd hit it so many times. I pulled up way to hard, got straight up and down, then sideways. Landed like that I guess, started sliding down the trail with my bike on top of me, then slid through a rock garden on my head all while I was tangled with my 45lb stinky on top of me. Didn't get hurt luckily. Helmet probably saved my life. Just a thought for all those helmetless riders. It always happens when you think your not riding hard or anything.

Heres my helmet after my little getoff
  • 02-12-2006
    hardcore newbie
    ouchie...a few bumps and bruises??
  • 02-12-2006
    austinb89
    just imagine if you werent wearing that helmet those scratches and gouges would be in your skull. i try to wear a helmet always, unless its just riding in the strret or something. i really dont see why theres anything bad about wearing a helmet
  • 02-13-2006
    borry
    Quote:

Originally Posted by austinb89
    just imagine if you werent wearing that helmet those scratches and gouges would be in your skull. i try to wear a helmet always, unless its just riding in the strret or something. i really dont see why theres anything bad about wearing a helmet

Exactly... I wear a Full Face Helmet when i ride to work (on the road for about 2km), people look at me funny, but its the only helmet i have! (Is that a bad thing?)
  • 02-13-2006
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mxrider489
    Went for a ride with some friends the other day. There is this tiny little drop we just hit for fun sometimes. No more than 5 feet. Just decided to see who could launch it furthest. I guess I was just too comfortable and didn't think much of it cause it was small and I'd hit it so many times. I pulled up way to hard, got straight up and down, then sideways. Landed like that I guess, started sliding down the trail with my bike on top of me, then slid through a rock garden on my head all while I was tangled with my 45lb stinky on top of me. Didn't get hurt luckily. Helmet probably saved my life. Just a thought for all those helmetless riders. It always happens when you think your not riding hard or anything.

Heres my helmet after my little getoff

lucky you didn't learn your lesson the hard way
  • 02-13-2006
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by borry
    Exactly... I wear a Full Face Helmet when i ride to work (on the road for about 2km), people look at me funny, but its the only helmet i have! (Is that a bad thing?)

not at all....
  • 02-13-2006
    Spero

That was my first real use of a helmet. Notice the crack is right above where my temple sits. I would have been a veggie had I not been wearing it. Shortly after I realized 100 bones is a small price to pay for a full face.