Heat Molding for Shimano Shoes in Denver- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Heat Molding for Shimano Shoes in Denver

I picked up some Shimano m230s from ColoradoCyclists.com and want to see about getting them heat molded.

Anyone know of shops in the Denver Metro that do Shimano heat molding (and will do it without also selling the shoes)?

I thought about doing it ghetto-style but don't really want to screw it up.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Wheatridge has the machine to do it. I suggest showing up with shoes in one hand and a six pack in the other

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    I believe Adventure Cycles on Parker has the Shimano machine. Great bunch of buys that will certainly take care of you.

Total Goober
    Sep 2009
    +1 on Adventure Cycling (in general).

If you're not close to them, check this page. Click "custom fit" and put your zip code.

http://bike.shimano.com/publish/cont..._mountain.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuglio View Post
    You guys suck im all bummed now

mtbr member

Thanks!

I work out in the Tech Center and will give Adventure a try. I recall buying a saddle there years ago.

mtbr member

Adventure Cycling

Thanks to those recommending Adventure Cycling.

I went over there at lunch today for the heat molding treatment. Awesome shop and great service ($25 for the molding process).

By the way, the heat molding makes a nice difference.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    This idea of heat-molded shoes really intrigues me. Do they cost a bloody fortune?

mtbr member

normally yes

The msrp on the m230s is $250, and there is an m310 that is more (the road shoes are pricey too). I got mine from Colorado Cyclist for $139 plus tax. I believe Jensen has some small sizes on sale for $99.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    the Shimano heat molding shoes work very well, if your feet fit Shimano shoes out of the box. For those of us with SIDI feet, a heat molded shoe will not fit as well as a standard SIDI does. try them both on, if the shimano's feel better, then heat mold them and they will feel awesome. if the sidi's feel better then don't worry about heat molding, as your feet are wrapped in Italian luxury already.
    Kona Wo for Fat Biking, Ibis HD3 for Trail Shredding, Merckx Road bike for collecting dust

Technology is my friend.
    I've had the heat-moldable R300 road shoes for 2 years. Awesome. Incredibly comfortable, very durable. I've got over 10,000 miles on them, and they seem just a good as new. They blow the doors off my Sidi's. I'm definitely getting the mountain version when I need a new pair of mountain shoes.

I got mine at Schwab Cycles in Lakewood. Walt did a great job on mine. No idea if or what they'd charge you. I've seen the equipment at Green Mountain Sports, too.

bacon! bacon! bacon!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaj
    the Shimano heat molding shoes work very well, if your feet fit Shimano shoes out of the box. For those of us with SIDI feet, a heat molded shoe will not fit as well as a standard SIDI does. try them both on, if the shimano's feel better, then heat mold them and they will feel awesome. if the sidi's feel better then don't worry about heat molding, as your feet are wrapped in Italian luxury already.
    Ahhh... yes. My feet are wrapped in Italian luxury every time I ride.

Although being 1996-ish vintage I think they've seen better days.

Kaj
    mtbr member
    1996? The Italian wine and olive oil must be preserving them
    Kona Wo for Fat Biking, Ibis HD3 for Trail Shredding, Merckx Road bike for collecting dust

mtbr member
    Thought I'd revive this post... Have looked but is there any DIY method to heat molding shoes? None of the LBS's in my area offer the service and I don't fancy sending them off for three weeks to the distributor. Thanks in advance.
    "The best carbon hardtail frame is custom made for you from titanium." - Curmy

mtbr member
    Anyone....
    "The best carbon hardtail frame is custom made for you from titanium." - Curmy

Members who have read this thread: 0