HD Helmet Cam Footage

Printable View

• 06-29-2009
    RSutton1223
    HD Helmet Cam Footage
    So I got in the new VholdR ContourHD...and I have to say...the quality of this cam blows away...by a large margin...the other cams on the market. I have the GoPro wide angle and the VIO POV.1.5 and neither one even come close.

I took it out for a quick ride on a small, local fr area. I need to mess with the angle a little bit more and mount it more securely, but you will get the idea. I used the goggle mount and I think the surface mount would keep the rotational jitter down.

I had a little of editing fun on this one...

HD Footage on Vimeo

More on the ContourHD on my site.
  • 06-29-2009
    beagledadi
    LMAO ;)

That's a great video, nice editing and what a picture. The HD stuff is awesome!

Matt :out:
  • 06-29-2009
    volleybrad
    Wow! Awesome quality! Hilarious opening too! :)
  • 06-29-2009
    pinkrobe
    LOL! Nicely done. That is good video quality...
  • 06-29-2009
    IndecentExposure
    Good stuff! I'll have to look into that model. It could use a wider-angled lens, unless it has integrated zoom features.

What state is this trail located? Just curious.
  • 06-29-2009
    RSutton1223
    Thanks for the feedback! I had fun making that one.

IE...the trail is in Roswell, GA.
  • 06-29-2009
    Judd97
    Kinda disappointed in seeing this... I just bought a Hoyt Tech cam last summer that was just about $20 cheaper than this one and the footage is ok, but not nearly as nice as this stuff. Not to mention the need to carry my camcorder and a buncha wires... How long has this little toy been out?

Oh, and, great video :)
  • 06-29-2009
    SlimTwisted
    Any disappointment I may have felt in the quality was more than offset by the quality of the trail. Man, I wish I had some singletrack around here like that to enjoy! Mud pits, slimy roots, and big puddles- that's what we're dealing with :(
  • 06-29-2009
    Redmon
    Nice looking vid but Ill reserve judgement until I see a better angle
  • 06-29-2009
    RSutton1223
    I was really surprised with the quality of the video out of the ContourHD too. I need to point it up just a little bit more to capture more of the footage.

This one is also the easiest to use out of all of them. A simple slider for record and stop.
  • 06-29-2009
    Judd97
    I did some reading up on it, RSutton, it looks like an awesome cam. Now I'm really getting kinda jealous haha. Not to mention not having to mess around with capturing DV footage or any of that... simple micro SD setup plus rechargeable lithium batteries... sounds like a great package.

I am getting a new job soon where I will make more $$ and also be moving next to a nice little downhill bike park. I might have to invest in one of these. I like how you can rotate the camera easily, plus use the lasers to level it. Any way you could upload some more footage with it level and at a better angle?