Gore Alp-X 2.0 jacket- Mtbr.com
    Just Ride !

Gore Alp-X 2.0 jacket

Got a great deal on one during black friday weekend and love it . Anyone else have one and like it . Thinking of getting the pants next yr if on sale .
    Hit the trails with your bike and get freaky. :cornut:

mtbr member
    I got one of these earlier this year, and it's been great (once the finnicky front zipper broke in). Absolutely keeps me dry, even in the current winter rainstorms we're getting here in the EU, and still very breathable. The jacket just disappears while on a ride, I don't notice it at all, which is wonderful. I've always wanted a lightweight rain and wind jacket that didn't leave me soaked with sweat, and this is it.

I do wish it had even some small pit zips for when things get a touch warmer unexpectedly. Also some side pockets for keeping wet hands warm during any stops would be nice too, but not a big deal without those.

I too wanted to get the pants based on how good the jacket is, sadly they were not nearly as nice for me. WAY, WAY too long for the correct size I needed, and the lower legs are baggier than you'd want for a bike pant. Nothing's on the pant to keep them from getting sucked into your chainring, so you need to not only roll them up a bunch, but resort to one of those velcro leg straps you see bike commuters wearing.

Honestly, the design of the jacket is so spot on that the design of the pants left me baffled. Did anyone at Gore actually try wearing these on a bike first? Sadly I had to return mine, still looking for a similar option for the next few wet and muddy months ahead.
    Tarekith.com

'17 Specialized Enduro Elite 29

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Had one and returned. No pit zips is a deal breaker for me. Found a new with tags bontrager eVent stormshell (version with one chest pocket) for $50 and it's been fantastic. Giant pit zips, breathes better than anything from Gore.