GoPro FF helmet mount- Mtbr.com

Nov 2007

GoPro FF helmet mount

Which mounts are you guys using to mount the GoPro to your full face helmets? My girlfriend is getting me one for my birthday but wants to get me a package one with lots of extra stuff so I need to know which mount works best. Thanks

mtbr member
    some of them come with mounts that have double-sided tape on it (industrial strength 3m). That's what I use on my moto helmet, and I use a standard helmet strap mount on my xc and deviant helmets coz they have vent holes.

Go back to school
    Ya i just use the standard strap on my helmet around the vent holes. I was also eyeing the handlebar mount.
    Die to ride, ride to die

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I am using a 3m sticky mount for mine, works very well for FF helmets that dont have vents at the top.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    Exactly what bikesair and dagmz say.
    I have a vented helmet and I use the vented strap. My buddy Kenny does not so we used the flat adhesive mount.
    Now fellas, concerning the adhesive mounts, do not be discouraged because it's not a bolt on. This is some serious adhesive here. You could probably use that adhesive to stick a trailer hitch to the back of your car and tow trailers with it, that's how strong it is.
    Jump it onto something off of something or over something.

There's more to freeriding than dirt jumps.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I will take what rmb_mike said regarding the adhesive and tell you that my mount isn't even 100% flat. I would say that only 85% of the adhesive is actually making contact with my helmet and the results have been better than when I use the vented mount for XC rides.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I heard (don't know how true it is) that they used those adhesive mounts to mount a GP to one of the planes used in the Red Bull air races...and those planes can top 300 mph.
    If that's true, this is definitely some serious adhesive.
    Jump it onto something off of something or over something.

There's more to freeriding than dirt jumps.

Go back to school
    Quote Originally Posted by rmb_mike
    I heard (don't know how true it is) that they used those adhesive mounts to mount a GP to one of the planes used in the Red Bull air races...and those planes can top 300 mph.
    If that's true, this is definitely some serious adhesive.
    It's strong stuff. They show some amount of rail cars being pulled using like 50 squar cm bonded together.
    Die to ride, ride to die

Nov 2007
    Thanks for all the input guys. You have helped tremendously

Members who have read this thread: 0