Good winter gloves for road biking- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2010

Good winter gloves for road biking

Does anyone know a good pair of lightweight road bike riding gloves?

Thanks!
    Need a fix? Try a high-jack!

ride the moment
    What kind of weather? If the temp is above 45 (F) then I have a pair of the Gore Bikewear gloves that I like. They are lighter and would be fine on the road. No armor or anything, but some palm padding. They handle a drizzle but IMO don't do that much once they're soaked. I'm looking for something a little heavier for colder days. There was a thread in the Oregon board about winter gloves and lots of people just buy all-weather work gloves from the tractor supply. I'm probably going to give that a shot this winter.
    Hey Butthead, are we gonna die? - Beavis

DynoDon
    Here you go, these should work in any weather..

http://cozywinters.com/shop/bar-mitts.html

mtbr member
    I use the Pearl Izumi Barrier Glove for winter road riding. These gloves do a good job of keeping my hands warm during dry cold weather rides at 30 degrees. I'll be riding them during colder weather this winter. I've worn these gloves running in sub-zero weather and my hands were warm. Lobster gloves would be even warmer.

I've found it challenging to keep my hands warm if I am descending for long periods of time during cold weather because I'm not pedaling enough to generate heat plus my speed increases and the wind chill drops significanly. However, I would have that problem with most any glove except the ones people wear when climbing Mt. Everest. So route choice comes into play during the winter.

Fat-tired Roadie
    I usually just wear a set of glove liners, like for use with ski gloves/running/etc. under my usual gloves. Full winter gloves are often too warm for where I'm riding, while fingerless gloves aren't quite enough. They still kinda work when they're wet.
    "Don't buy upgrades; ride up grades." -Eddy Merckx

banned
    Sep 2010
    Layers is the key , with a windproof outer .

Members who have read this thread: 0