Good Shoes for Wide Feet?- Mtbr.com

Nov 2008

Good Shoes for Wide Feet?

Right now I've got toe clips on my commuter (actually came stock with them), but I'm looking to upgrade to clipless shoes/pedals. It sounds like the Forte Campus Pedal will be perfect for me (don't need anything too crazy, and it gives me the option of wearing normal shoes for short rides) but I could use some advice on what kind of shoes to get. The problem is, I have wide feet (usually run a triple E wide) and have had a hard time finding shoes that can fit properly. I know I can order shoes online, but I'm a bit concerned about getting a shoe that I haven't tried on.

Any advice for wider shoes that might be carried at a typical bike store? I usually go to Performance bikes but am willing to trek somewhere farther out for a good fit.

I'm not really looking for a competition shoe or anything super light, I'd rather have one that's comfortable to wear and that I could walk around in for a little bit if I had to, so maybe a mountain bike shoe would be better.

Anyways, I appreciate the help!

BIG and Bald

3e? Hahah

Brother, I've got you beat by 2 more E's. hehe I'm 12 5E and the best shoe I've found is the Specialized BG Taho. It's a super comfortable cycling shoe. The sole is a bit flexible when compared to a racing style shoe so it feels more like a regular tennis shoe when walking. I have a pair for mtb'ing (over 2 years of use and abuse) and a 2nd pair for commuting. They are definitely worth the $75.

http://www.specialized.com/bc/SBCEqP...=40338&eid=342
    "Don't neever gave up..."

Nov 2008
    Looks great, thanks!

Double-metric mtb man
    Another option is some of the Louis Garneau shoes. I've run a couple different styles on my 13E / 12 EE feet and had no problems. )I normally have to get a 13 as wider 12's are not often available.)
    As if four times wasn't enough-> Psycho Mike's 2013 Ride to Conquer Cancer Page

Moran? Let your opinion be free -> F88me

mtbr member
    Sep 2008

some Northwaves

have wider toe boxes

Members who have read this thread: 0