Good shoes for flats?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

Good shoes for flats?

Looking for some nice 661's or 5.10s, good flat shoe for mtbing. There are cheap 661's out there, but I'm looking for something that isn't crap. Anyone?

Feb 2004

Dually Taki

Bluesky has got some great deals on 661 shoes. I use the 661 Dually Takis...Bluesky has them at 50% off.

I've got two pair that I rotate through as I wash them after every third ride or so. Even after all the washing, they are still in great shape. I just bought two more pairs and have them stashed away as I think 661 is stopping production on that model.

My favorite shoes. Comfy with nice stick soles that are felxible enough to allow your foot to wrap well around a flat pedal.

http://www.blueskycycling.com/cat-shoes.htm

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    seems like a good shoe then...how does it size? smaller/bigger than say, adidas or nike?

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    My vote goes to Vans with waffle grip soles. If you're using any sort of platform with studs, these will grip like no other!

on my 3rd wind...
    I am sure you already know. Nothing comes close to Five Ten. Since you don't good see deal on those too often, just go ahead and buy the best now from the usual source...Jenson, Pricepoint, Universalcycles, & Bluesky.
    sth

is down to roll...
    I like to shop on DansComp since they show the bottom pattern of the shoe.
    : )

Master of Sparks
    Chucks y'all Biatches

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I use dress shoes!

Just kidding! Friends swear by the 510's. I swear by 661! Tried skate shoes. Vans are probably the grippiest. Thing about VANS..... they are not the stiffest shoe ever made. On long rides or extended DH trails, my feet (arches) get fatigued when using them. Could be caused by low arches. Doesn't happen with other shoes though.

٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶[$̲̅(̲̅ιοο̲̅)$]

Nice deal

Quote Originally Posted by MoonriseRascal
    Bluesky has got some great deals on 661 shoes. I use the 661 Dually Takis...Bluesky has them at 50% off.

I've got two pair that I rotate through as I wash them after every third ride or so. Even after all the washing, they are still in great shape. I just bought two more pairs and have them stashed away as I think 661 is stopping production on that model.

My favorite shoes. Comfy with nice stick soles that are felxible enough to allow your foot to wrap well around a flat pedal.

https://www.blueskycycling.com/cat-shoes.htm
    That is a nice deal on those 661s, I had a pair of SPD-compatible 661 Launch shoes that were pretty comfy but they didn't last too long. Much like a few other posters here, my favorites are Vans (Bucky Lasek's) and 5.10s.

Check out Zappos.com for a good Vans selection. They have close-ups of the sole pattern on all their shoes (see below), they price match, and they also have free shipping and returns so you can order a few different styles and sizes and just ship back the ones you don't like. When I ordered my 5.10 Impacts I got them to price match BlueSky and send a couple sizes since I wasn't sure which would fit best.

They've also got 5.10s but not the newer style Impacts yet. The old 5.10 Impacts are suede leather and it's hard as hell to clean dirt and mud out of them while the newer ones are "slick" leather.

Members who have read this thread: 0