Good, lightweight toddler helmet?- Mtbr.com
    ah...oh yeah..i forgot
    Jan 2004

New question here. Good, lightweight toddler helmet?

Can anyone recommend a good, lightweight toddler helmet? We bought a toddler helmet from toys-r-us that seems to fit pretty good on my 14 month old, but it seems pretty big and bulky. Right now I put him in the trailer and ride him 10 minutes in the morning to drop him off at the daycare before I ride to work. It seems like the helmet bothers him in that short amount of time. I'm looking for suggestions on other options for good comfortable, lightweight toddler helmets for him. Strong, Light, and not necessarily cheap will do.

mike
    "The picture leaves nothing to the imagination. But a description will be colored by the listener to be more towards what he or she wants or likes." Robert L. Hilliard

Nat
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjunior
    Can anyone recommend a good, lightweight toddler helmet? We bought a toddler helmet from toys-r-us that seems to fit pretty good on my 14 month old, but it seems pretty big and bulky. Right now I put him in the trailer and ride him 10 minutes in the morning to drop him off at the daycare before I ride to work. It seems like the helmet bothers him in that short amount of time. I'm looking for suggestions on other options for good comfortable, lightweight toddler helmets for him. Strong, Light, and not necessarily cheap will do.

mike
    Specialized makes some nice ones. We have one for our daughter and she doesn't mind the fit.

http://www.specialized.com/SBCEqProd...q0c5b3j.j27002

not so super...
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyjunior

mike
    I think all the toddler size helmets are quite big and bulky. My 2 year old has a trek helmet that looks like a normal MTB helmet but it is still large and almost impossible for him to wear in the trailer because the seat is solid to the top of the trailer. He has to ride looking down. You might be able to find a "skate" style helmet that would be less bulky.
    Nothing to see here.

We get titles?

My 18 month old HATES that..

Quote Originally Posted by Nat
    Specialized makes some nice ones. We have one for our daughter and she doesn't mind the fit.

http://www.specialized.com/SBCEqProd...q0c5b3j.j27002
    She's got one of those specialized helmets and boy does she hate it. But I really think its the chin strap that she hates more than anything and all helmets will have that, so she's just going to have to get used to it.