Good LBS in HOU??? Shoes...- Mtbr.com
    "El Whatever"

Good LBS in HOU??? Shoes...

Hi all!!

I'll be in transit from work to home through Houston. I'd like to have the chance to pick up a pair of cycling shoes while I wait for my connection flight.

It doesn't have to be close to IAH (GWB Int'l Airport), but it'd help... more importantly, it has to have a nice selection of shoes.

I'm interested in Shimano and Lake mainly.

Thanks for any pointers!
    Warp
    Check my Site

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    There's a performance bike shop fairly close to IAH. Neve been there but the store on westheimer has a large selection of shoes and clothes.

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8...8621310&li=lmd

PC

mtbr member
    Bike Barn owns a chain of shops in the Houston area. I have not been to the Champions store (closest to IAH) but would recommend them based on my experience at their West Houston location. Here is a link (with directions) to the Champions shop:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.132351&z=13

They carry mostly Specialized and Trek.

mtbr member
    There are several store near the airport. Performance bike on 1960 is one there is a Sun and Ski right down the street. Those are the two I think will carry a good selection of shoes. At Performance, ask for Chris or Jerry, and at Sun and Ski ask for Aaron or John. Both places have a large selection of shoes.

mtbr member
    I'd go with the Bike Barn suggestion first (maybe I'm biased), followed by Performance. Both have a decent selection to choose from.
    Pedigre

Jun 2009
    Good luck trying to find Lake shoes in Texas. Shops don't seem to carry them, but a handful will order them for you. You can also find them online, but that's if you know how they will fit you.

txn
    mtbr member
    You should reroute through Austin where you can get some shoes and some real riding.

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by txn
    You should reroute through Austin where you can get some shoes and some real riding.
    Whatever.

"El Whatever"
    Quote Originally Posted by txn
    It's been on the back of my head all the time...

But my family waits for me two months just for me to be there for two weeks and then back to work... it'd be rude to make them wait.

Thanks for all the suggestions... I think I'll visit one or two. My old shimanos have to be replaced. Not that they must... they must be the most efficient thing bike wise to me when it comes to money per mile. Bought in 2001 and still going strong...
    Check my Site

Members who have read this thread: 0