Good cycling vest- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Good cycling vest

I'm looking for a warm cycling vest to wear over a jersey with arm warmers. Most of the ones I see for sale locally are extremely thin and have a mesh back.

I'd like something a bit warmer, with a solid back and maybe a small amount of insulation (fleece?). I have a fleece Mountain Hardwear vest that's great as a layer but not good as an outer.

Any ideas?

mtbr member
    You may have to look at non cycling clothing for that.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

Professional Slacker
    Jun 2004
    They actually work pretty good at cooler, but not actually cold to most people, temps. You're already generating a bunch of heat, just that thin layer keeping the wind off of you seems to make a real difference. The thin material also makes them easier to store in pockets and packs.

Although I just recently picked up some UA base layers at the outlet mall and they keep me warm with a jersey and arm warmers down to ~40F, and I'm pretty thin skinned and acclimated to heat. They don't feel as hot when you really exert yourself either. I think that's going to be my go-to solution for temps in the low 40's.

mtbr member
    Nov 2014

Any advice for windblocking vest with a mesh back for longer torsos? I've got a PI Elite vest, but it barely goes below my naval. I like layering a vest under my windbreaker to keep my chest from getting too cold while cycling with a backback.

Ride More - Suffer Less
    Quote Originally Posted by Forster View Post
    Any advice for windblocking vest with a mesh back for longer torsos? I've got a PI Elite vest, but it barely goes below my naval. I like layering a vest under my windbreaker to keep my chest from getting too cold while cycling with a backback.
    I am little longer in the torso as well and the Endura Gilet XL fits excellent. One of my favorite colder temp pieces of gear.

KevinGT you may want to check out the Windchill II Gilet...