Good cool weather gloves- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Good cool weather gloves

I'm looking for good gloves for when the temp is in the high 30's to 40's. Ideally I'd like to find something that have a similar to regular mountain biking gloves but offer a bit more wind protection. I don't need anything too thick or super warm.

Any suggestions on a good pair?

Afric Pepperbird
    If you wanna save mucho dinero, these Sears Craftsman are fine. I bought two pair, for $5 each!

No complaints so far.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dirt farmer
    If you wanna save mucho dinero, these Sears Craftsman are fine. I bought two pair, for $5 each!

No complaints so far.
    Thanks for the recommendation. I didn't see those for sale on sears.com but maybe they're available in the store.

AZ
    banned

mtbr member
    May 2008
    That's a great price but they don't have my size. I might check and see if they're at Performance.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    I use whatever mechanics gloves I can find on sale. Once, I started a ride with ski gloves but changed quickly. Nothing worse than sweating in cold temps.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    double post

Afric Pepperbird
    Quote Originally Posted by bank5
    Thanks for the recommendation. I didn't see those for sale on sears.com but maybe they're available in the store.
    Yes, they were found in-store.

mtbr member
    May 2008

No complaints so far.
    I picked these up today http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...u=00947553000P . They feel similar to mtb gloves but the tops are thicker so the extra warmth should be perfect for winter riding. Thanks for the rec!

mtbr member
    For cool weather I use the Pearl Izumi Cyclone glove.

http://www.pearlizumi.com/publish/co...Code-8770.html

For colder weather I use the Pearl Izumi Barrier glove.

http://www.pearlizumi.com/publish/co...Code-8818.html

mtbr member
    I bought a pair of Descentes off of chainlove.com for $15. Not sure the exact name but they are very nice gloves.
    If you ever see a turtle on a telephone pole, remember he had help getting there. Is there anything beer can't do?

mtbr member
    Second on the Pearl Izumi Cyclone !! Has a nice padded palm, great wind protection. I think I paid around $40 for mine.

mtbr member
    Me likey these ones

mtbr member
    I wear normal mtb gloves with a little extra room and just put a thin fleece liner glove under them. Works great down to below freezing and when I get too warm I take out the liners.
    Formerly Travis Bickle

Team Robot. "modulation is code for “I suck at brake control.” Here’s a free tip: get better."

mtbr member

No complaints so far.
    I bought something very similar at menards, but for 8.99, they work great!

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Quote Originally Posted by bank5
    I'm looking for good gloves for when the temp is in the high 30's to 40's. Ideally I'd like to find something that have a similar to regular mountain biking gloves but offer a bit more wind protection. I don't need anything too thick or super warm.

Any suggestions on a good pair?
    Kinco Warm Grip.

Thermal knit with a latex coating. Not wind proof but they are dense enough to cut the wind well. And only $5-8.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Trail Cubist
    LOL...I love the idea of riding with big "CRAFTSMAN" logos on your hands. (I want one for my bike too, LOL)

I find temps have got to be below freezing for me to be able to wear gloves with any real insulation—otherwise my hands sweat like crazy once I've started riding.

I noticed a pile of nice-looking workman gloves at Home Depot the other day...you could always check there too (or Lowe's).

Scott
    29er wheels are dangerous. They may cause you to go faster which can result in serious bodily injury. —Jim311

mtbr member
    Jul 2010
    Home depot has "mechanic type" gloves that are labeled winter gloves for $10.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I tried out my Craftsman mechanic gloves out today and they worked great. They have a similar feel as my regular mountain bike gloves just a bit more padding on the tops. It was a bit warm (in the low 50's) for them, but when the temp is in the 30's and 40's they'll be perfect.

Thanks again dirt farmer

Stucco Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie33
    I bought a pair of Descentes off of chainlove.com for $15. Not sure the exact name but they are very nice gloves.
    +1 this glove will be all you need for anything you will be riding in.
    Snowboard puffy,but MTB dexterity.

mtbr member
    I have normal fox gloves for anything above 45F, and below that I wear some Mountain Hardwear shell-type gloves. They work really well for cycling, are windproof, waterproof, and warm in colder weather. They are a bit bulky, but don't interfere with shifting. If you have a long commute or ride they may be TOO warm especially on the upper side of your temp range.

http://www.rei.com/product/786711
    "Got everything you need?"

mtbr member
    Pearl Izumi Gavias work well for cold weather.
    fesch
    Riding in snow is for the desperate.

Afric Pepperbird
    Ummm... If I'm not mistaken, I think the OP has already made a satisfied purchase.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010

MotoCross Gloves

I will strongly prefer you to buy Motocross Gloves from shamim leather, because they are made up of leather and also have very nice grip.

Trail Cubist
    I've discovered the perfect cool-weather riding gloves for me, and they're dirt-cheap, $15/pair:
    The Champion C9 Running Gloves at Target—they're made from Powerstretch wicking material and have a light, vaguely sticky/rubbery coating on the palms so the grip is fine.

http://www.target.com/C9-Champion-Po.../dp/B0042U8E2K

These gloves keep my hands/fingers warm down into the 30s...and I like them because they aren't TOO warm (no sweaty hands). They're a bit cold at first, but once you're warmed-up they're perfect.

Scott
    29er wheels are dangerous. They may cause you to go faster which can result in serious bodily injury. —Jim311

Members who have read this thread: 0