DFL

Good baggies for a Clyde?

I currently have a pair of Fox Sergeants that I bought about 6 months ago that I really like. They are a little big and baggie enough to fit over my knee pads and not constrict. Naturally when I was looking for a second pair of shorts I bought Fox. They've changed the snap to a button, and when I touched the button to put them on for the first time it popped off. Back they went and now I'm looking for a different pair of shorts. For reference, I'm 6 ft, 245, wear a 36, and have tree trunk legs. Any ideas? There aren't a whole lot of places around here beside Trek and Specialized stores that has a decent selection.
    I wouldn't **** you, you're my favorite turd.

mtbr member
    Never used proper mtb shorts...

In the Winter I wear 'Skins' under swimming type shorts i.e. thin & quick drying (+light, when muddy & wet).

Did a race a couple months ago. Tracks were sodden for the first couple of laps. One teammate had water proof mtb shorts!? Which actually worked!! i.e. kept him dry & warm.

During the summer I wear basketball type shorts i.e. loose fitting & breathable.

Another reason why I wear the above shorts is I have large hips, glutes & quads. Bit sceptical about mtb shorts having the correct fit.

Plus, they're bloody expensive.

'Born to ride!'
    "Mountain biking: the under-rated and drug-free antidepressant"

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Endura Humvee Lite in the biggest size. Don't get the normal Humvee as they're tighter.

mtbr member
    Bibs and shorts. Most of my shorts are from Walmart and it works very well.
    Kona Big Unit SS
    Kona Private Jake SSCX
    DiamondBack Release 3
    Norco Torrent HT 7.1

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    Troy Lee is my favorite mountain bike apparel. Try the Skyline shorts (or Skyline Air if you bike in real hot weather) and size up...get at least a 38 maybe 40. They have adjustable straps on the side so you can make them fit and they are thick but kinda stretchy. These are long enough to hang over knee pads (I'm 6'2") but if you always ride with knee pads they make a short thats longer that almost covers the knee. Check their website or find deals at competitivecyclist.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2014
    I am a bigger guy and I find that TLD stuff tends to fit smaller than I like.

I hate buying shorts online, because I find it to be a real dice roll.

Historically, I have liked the fit of pearl izumi and sugoi stuff. I have also had luck with the house brand stuff from MEC (in Canada), and I feel like the fit of stuff from REI would likely be similar.

There is also a website that has a lot of bigger guy cycling clothes. I canít recall the na,e of the website, but if you look in the Chloe section, it is there somewhere
    2016 Rocky Mountain Thunderbolt BC Edition
    2017 Rocky Mountain Blizzard -50
    2015 Giant Fastroad