Gloves NOT made in China?

Printable View

• 03-11-2005
    WadePatton
    Gloves NOT made in China?
    Could you fine folks go look at the tags in your gloves and tell me which ones aren't made in the Red Communist Nation?

You can't get little details like that online shopping and I've been through all the stuff at the LBS.

Yes, I'll gladly pay MORE.

Thanks.
  • 03-11-2005
    pacman
    Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtZilla
    Could you fine folks go look at the tags in your gloves and tell me which ones aren't made in the Red Communist Nation?

You can't get little details like that online shopping and I've been through all the stuff at the LBS.

Yes, I'll gladly pay MORE.

Thanks.

I'll pay more for gloves that fit something other than a slim female hand.
  • 03-11-2005
    Big K
    Pearl Izumi AmFibs..
    made in Sri Lanka.. what's your beef with China? Are you in the textile industry?

Better brace yourself... with worldwide quota system on textiles going away the first of this year, you're gonna see a whole lot more stuff coming from China. I heard today on the radio that our trade deficit with them went up $1B in the month of January.
  • 03-11-2005
    Spinny
    Gaddam right we should have a problem with China
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Big K
    made in Sri Lanka.. what's your beef with China? Are you a textile industry?
    Better brace yourself... with worldwide quota system on textiles going away the first of this year, you're gonna see a whole lot more stuff coming from China. I heard today on the radio that our trade deficit with them went up $1B in the month of January.

American companies have, since the overtures of the Nixon Administration, been utilizing China as the slave-ship manufacturer of low-cost-to-produce goods. Once these low overhead goods arrive here,in the USA, they are greatly marked up for the sake of US company stockholder benefits, and those of Walmart, the world's third largest importer of Chinese goods, the last I'd read.
    The reason we should be concerned about the US-Chinese market plan--otherwise known as the "race to the bottom"--is that it entails big companies making big bucks on the backs of the working poor who have no rights (employee grievances, right to fair pay, benefits comeasurate to performance), no compensation (injury, family insurance, etc.) no labor standards (child labor, workplace safety and health), no environmental standards, the Chinese government considers the US to be a long-term threat (Taiwan, North Korea), there has only been a crushed shadow of an attempt at any sort of democracy, and so forth.
    China is making big bucks on this style of business, drawing the world economy toward such production levels; you know, compete or perish. Race to the bottom.
  • 03-11-2005
    WadePatton
    What he said.

And China IS a nuclear military threat. Just like the USSR was. Anybody remember them? And here we go to Walmarks and send them money for weapons every stinkin day.

Not me. I'll eat bark and grass before I shop at Walhell.

Now, back to the gloves and textiles. (Yeah I heard the same reoport). Working conditions and wages aren't much better in all those other places our companies exploit, BUT when is the last time Mexico or Sri Lanka posed a threat. I love buying stuff from Mexico. But don't get me started. $78,000,000,000 (my personal estimate) spent on Communist Chinese goods in WalFcuk today, and I can't buy a single aromatic Cuban cigar--legally. ;)

Keep looking at them tags folks.
  • 03-12-2005
    supercorsa
    start patronizing SierraTradingPost.Com
    totally stand-up outfit; not a huge selection of cycling stuff, but what they have is always good stuff. they have a massive selection of outdoor stuff, plus a bunch of clothing, footwear & household stuff. they deal exclusively in closeouts and seconds, so their prices are always killer.

one thing i love is that they tell you exactly where each and every item comes from, none of this "imported" which from anybody else just screams "china" without actually saying so, sierra is specific no matter where it comes from.

i highly recommend these folks, i've been shopping from them for years and they've never done me wrong.
  • 03-12-2005
    WadePatton
    Yeah, I think I've bought stuff there before. I'll go check it out. thanks