Gloves and Helmet buy- Mtbr.com

May 2009

Gloves and Helmet buy

Just picked up a Giro Hex helmet and Giro Xen gloves from REI.
    I cant believe the reviews on the gloves on here..just from wearing them and by the way they fit they look like quality to me. I looked at some fox gloves at the store and they seemed skimpy on padding.

I'm gonna ride tomorrow morning so I can get a better feel for both.

May 2009
    Ok, after riding this morning I have changed my mind on the gloves. 1st my palms still hurt after 10mins of riding. 2nd a piece of cloth got caught on a bur or something on my handle bar and tore,,ripppp. After further inspection i found that one glove's stitches were coming off already. I was like man shoot, too bad cuz the gloves look nice. The helmet did well the visor though kept popping back up when i lowered it. Here are some pics of the gloves that I'm taking back to REI.

Attached Images Attached Images

responsible zombie owner
    Buy cheap gloves and you don't mind the disposable nature of them (and are pleasantly surprised if they last). Adidas Adistar gloves have tough leather palms and they're a bit thickly padded for me but they will last an age. I got mine for $20. My bog standard Trek, Specialized BG Sport and Nike gloves have also done well. Frayed stitches don't necessarily mean the glove will soon disintegrate (my NIke gloves are more fray than thread) but it's annoying if it happens on the first ride! Don't let them stay sweaty though, wash and dry them from time to time...

Dec 2008
    Any opinions on Gal Gloves? Mainly the Fox Reflex Gel Short Glove or the Non-Gal Tahoe Short Glove...

May 2009
    Well I went and purchased a Fox Dirt Paw lets see how they hold up.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ride and Smile
    I have not found mountain biking gloves that last (except some dh type). I have switched to moto gloves and have been very satisfied with their durability.

Members who have read this thread: 0