Gloves that don't fall apart?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2014

Gloves that don't fall apart?

I've been through three pairs of gloves, all with the same problem: stitching comes undone like it wasn't even tied together. No crashing, no trail work, no wrestling with my dog, etc. Just riding.
    All of these but Giros were Large, and were actually a little loose. I can see how the Giros suffered a little more since they were kinda tight.
    I don't crash often, and usually my elbows take the hit anyway, and I wear Large now so the gloves aren't stressed too much and have a little room.

First it was fox dirtpaws, started coming apart at the thumbs. I had to sew them a little every 3 or so rides. Then the forefinger on both, then I was done. Lasted about 3 months.
    Then I tried Giro DNDs and freaking COMMITTED. Lasted a month without issues, then pretty much every finger but the thumb started coming apart at the sides. After 6 months of sewing them together, the thumbs started to go, and a couple months later the palm near the thumb as well and the white padding inside fell off. Then I crashed and they were destroyed.

Then I tried Bontrager, which my brother has with great results (a short finger model though), and I went for the Evoke mountain one, the red one.
    Lasted two months. Then thumbs started to go, then forefinger....I'm so fcking done. I'm getting a freaking dummy thumb out of fabric to cover the original ones so they work like a shield, but other than that i don't know what to do. It looks like the middle finger is about to go as well on the right glove.
    I'm thinking about trying Handup Gloves but I just don't know what the f to aim for anymore. We got IXS and Spesh at the LBS, but idk, they look flimsy.

I commute daily and ride, train and race XC. DH like two days a year for fun. I like full finger gloves with good ventilation if possible, and all of these gloves were fine on that aspect. Is there any brand whose stitching actually holds up to DAILY riding? Mechanix? Moto gloves? What's left?

Am I just unlucky af?

Thanks in advance.

Short-Change-Hero
    Strange, I had one pair of Giro DND that did the same thing. Contacted Giro and then sent me another pair out free of charge. Those are still going strong but while I had been waiting for those in the main I got a pair of TASCO light weight gloves and two pairs of HandUp gloves. All of those are going strong still aside from the little rubber parts that make up the logos on the palms of the HandUP coming off (peeling). I ride 10+ miles a day at least 3-5days a week starting Marching through November (usually depending on weather) in a hot, dry climate. I know that lots of people seem to like the Mechanix gloves but until I have some major issues with the HandUP or Tasco's I will be sticking with them, always seem to be cool guys and customer service (met the Tasco owner at a local race) for both have been awesome.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I've had bad luck with numerous pairs of 100% gloves, so I'd stay away from those. I also switched to Tasco gloves but don't quite have a full season on them. They've been holding up good and I like the fit of them so far.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Mechanix Framer Gloves. Because they don't suck ballz.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    A lot of Mechanix gloves are seriously durable. I can't bring myself to ride in them but I do use them for trail work.

The cheap motocross gloves like the dirtpaw seem to be made as disposable gloves. If you get Fox's higher end gloves they should last much longer. I'm using the Fox Pawtector right now and love it. It's pretty light so I don't expect it to last a whole season or anything. The Fox Bomber gloves are extremely durable in my experience. I used a set for trail riding dirt bikes, commuting/joy riding on a sportbike and mountain biking.

mtbr member
    Fox ranger gels: Stitching at the cuffs fell apart and started making its way up the ball of the thumb within 2 months.

Fox Defend glove: Nylon material of the backhand seems durable and stitching to the palm also durable, but the rubber protective bits on the back of the hand are a joke and have been falling off since the first ride.

POC resistance pro DH: Craftsmanship and stitching are top notch despite running a bit small, but the price is ridiculous (I got a good deal on them) and Iím waiting to see how the palms fare after a crash or two as they seem as if they are the weakest part of the glove relatively speaking.

I have some mechanix tactical gloves I wear for shooting and have worn mountain biking. The models Iíve used are bombproof, but donít breathe well enough for hot pedally days. Were good for lift service on all but the hottest days,

Fox cold weather attack: waiting to test in fall.
    18í SC Bronson Carbon
    Grip2, Reserve 27 hoops, i9 hubs, Float X2

2018 SC V10.6
    Grip2, We Are One: The Outlier, i9 hubs, DHX2

mtbr member
    I've been using some thor mx spectrum gloves now for almost eight months and they have held up well. They do stink and get washed once a month now but they have lasted a lot longer than I expected.

prior to these gloves I had some fox dirtpaws that maybe were good for a month before they started coming apart and so I gave the thor gloves a chance and they have performed better than expected and I bought another two pairs just to have one as backup and a pair in each vehicle

Gloves that don't fall apart?-thor-gloves.jpg

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Shartist View Post
    Fox ranger gels: Stitching at the cuffs fell apart and started making its way up the ball of the thumb within 2 months.

Fox Defend glove: Nylon material of the backhand seems durable and stitching to the palm also durable, but the rubber protective bits on the back of the hand are a joke and have been falling off since the first ride.

POC resistance pro DH: Craftsmanship and stitching are top notch despite running a bit small, but the price is ridiculous (I got a good deal on them) and Iím waiting to see how the palms fare after a crash or two as they seem as if they are the weakest part of the glove relatively speaking.

I have some mechanix tactical gloves I wear for shooting and have worn mountain biking. The models Iíve used are bombproof, but donít breathe well enough for hot pedally days. Were good for lift service on all but the hottest days,

Fox cold weather attack: waiting to test in fall.
    i def recommend the poc resistance pro dh gloves. i actually like that they run small since they fit better for my hands and dont bunch up on my calluses, which are just caused from lifting. these gloves hold up really well, even after a bunch of my stupid crashes
    2017 yeti sb6c turq x01 eagle

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I ride in regular mechanix gloves. I've never had a problem with them.

Well, actually, strike that, the pair I have is the standard pair. It has a velcro closure, and it sometimes presses the "pause" button on my GPS watch. I may go for an elastic cuff next time.

I have a buddy who has been seriously riding for a few decades. He told me he's tried nearly every brand out there. You know what he rides in? The Home Depot generic mechanics gloves.

I do have a pair of cooler weather riding gloves (giros maybe?), they seem fine, although, they do have less use than the Mechanix gloves, and I do see a few loose threads on them.

Robertson
    The most durable pair of gloves I've owned is the normal weight Tasco MTB. My last pair lasted for 14 months, using only those riding at least once a week and plenty of crash testing! After all that time, including laundry with washing and drying machines (which I'm sure affected their longevity) they were still in one piece with just a few loose threads here or there. I just bought a new pair and will keep the old ones as spares. Highly recommend.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    I've had similar experiences with every glove i've ever had until my latest pair of Fist gloves which are probably the best gloves I've had in every way.

mtbr member
    I'm trying handup gloves now.
    My giros didn't last and I wasn't impressed from day 1.
    The handup are comfortable and fit nice. If they last half of the summer riding season I'll be happy.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    I buy cheap Chinese bicycling gloves from Amazon. They cost $6. When the stitching comes apart, I throw them away. They usually last a season.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gloves that don't fall apart?-23b82702-dfae-4498-8bdd-09aee537a93b.jpeg  

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    Whatever you do, don't buy Endura. I bought a pair thinking they'd be quality especially given the price, but after about a dozen rides they're falling apart.

I've since purchased 2 pairs of Troy Lee Air gloves and they're by far my favorite, and are holding up very well.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by GRPABT1 View Post
    I've had similar experiences with every glove i've ever had until my latest pair of Fist gloves which are probably the best gloves I've had in every way.
    Searching for fist gloves throws quite a lot of random results at me. What model do you run?

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Alright, so after reading I think it makes sense to from cheap to expensive here.

I will try TASCO and Handup, can't quite get myself to shell out that much for POC unless it's my last resort.
    If those end up sucking I guess I'll give the higher end FOXes a try. The Mechanix, but I'd rather not, they look quite hot and bulky.

Thanks for the replies!

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    Ive been riding Fox Attack gloves for over a year now and love them. Only because I got them for $12.
    They have been holding up well and have just recently got a small hole starting along a seam down the side of my index finger. Easily fixable; I'll sew it.
    I fear I'm spoiled now and won't know where to find another pair for that price when needed.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Deartist7 View Post
    Searching for fist gloves throws quite a lot of random results at me. What model do you run?
    I have the Caroline Buchanan Smoothy version but I think they're all the same other than the picture designs. https://www.fisthandwear.com.au/

mtbr member
    Try optimizing your search by using the search term ďfisting glovesĒ and let us know if that helps
    18í SC Bronson Carbon

2018 SC V10.6

Short-Change-Hero
    Alright, so after reading I think it makes sense to from cheap to expensive here.

I will try TASCO and Handup, can't quite get myself to shell out that much for POC unless it's my last resort.
    If those end up sucking I guess I'll give the higher end FOXes a try. The Mechanix, but I'd rather not, they look quite hot and bulky.

Thanks for the replies!
    Yeah I am with your.. hard to pay that much for gloves but really is a case of "you get what you pay for."

I was my gloves in the laundry but hang dry them and they are all still going strong. Out of the "normal" store brands I really liked the Giro DND as they felt "burlier" than others in the past. But anyways, give the HandUP and Tasco a try. Look on YouTube from guys like BKXC, Singletrack Sampler and B1KER B1 to see if any of their videos have coupon codes. Robert (B1KER) is usually pretty active on these forums, especially in the Norcal forums.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    The Mechanix, but I'd rather not, they look quite hot and bulky.

Thanks for the replies!
    They're really not. I ride with them in upper 80's in the tropics and they never feel overly hot or bulky. And, if you don't like riding with them, you've got a good pair of work gloves. Try them, they're cheap anyway.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BunniBoi View Post
    They're really not. I ride with them in upper 80's in the tropics and they never feel overly hot or bulky. And, if you don't like riding with them, you've got a good pair of work gloves. Try them, they're cheap anyway.
    I think trying Mechanix gloves would be a good idea too. I don't find them all that hot for trail work and that's obviously without the air flow of riding. I ride in them occasionally and the thick padded palms are pretty comfy on the grips even though I prefer a thin glove with more feel.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by BunniBoi View Post
    Try them, they're cheap anyway.

I can usually find mtb gloves on sale for the same price or less, I prefer a thin minimalist glove and all the brands I've tried so far seem to hold up pretty well.
    I brake for stinkbugs

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Which mechanix gloves are you guys using that have thick padded palms? I haven't kept up on the various different models/styles, so its totally possible we're all talking about different versions.

I use the "original" style, and there is zero padding in the palm, or on the back of the hand/fingers. The palm is just a single layer of thin leather, and the back is a kind textured fabric. It's not mesh (it's sturdier than that), but it's also not a canvas, or other thick fabric feel either.

Random photo from the internet of the original.

Fwiw, I used to work landscaping in phoenix during the summers wearing these gloves. And Friday I went on a ride when it was 85f out (hottest so far this summer), and I didn't even think about them. Are there cooler gloves out there? Probably. But I've never thought about needing anything cooler yet. Maybe in the future?

FWIW, I'm not committed to any single brand of apparel. I may try out other brands in the future (Handup in particular), but currently I have been really happy with the mechanix gloves.
    Last edited by ocnLogan; 1 Week Ago at 01:38 AM.

mtbr member
    Had a pair of old Royal Racing gloves that must have been made from some kind of dragon skin or something. Those things lasted forever... until I left them on the roof. And you know where that goes.

Gloves that don't fall apart?-royal-racing-victory-mountain-bike-gloves-men-women-danube-blue-white_p_5376d_03_1500.jpg

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I think Troy Lee Designs Air gloves are best bang for the buck, cheap and great durability.

mtbr member
    I commute daily and ride, train and race XC. DH like two days a year for fun. I like full finger gloves with good ventilation if possible, and all of these gloves were fine on that aspect. Is there any brand whose stitching actually holds up to DAILY riding? Mechanix? Moto gloves? What's left?

Am I just unlucky af?

Thanks in advance.
    You won't find a better bang for the buck than Free the Powder gloves. Very durable, inexpensive, and stellar customer service.

https://www.freethepowder.com/collec...in-bike-gloves

mtbr member
    Jun 2014
    I went the same route as mrsfrog. After trying a number of brands, Hands Up gloves are the best I have tried. I am going on 2 seasons with one pair; fit is good, quality is good, and no Velcro on the wrist. If you sign up for the mailing list, you get a coupon code.

https://handupgloves.com/gloves

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I really liked the Camelback impact CT gloves. For a while you could get all sizes on eBay for dirt cheap. Larges are now tough to find but if you're medium or XXL you can get em for about $10. Take a few rides to wear in but they last rather well.
    83 Ritchey Everest
    88 Mountain Goat Whiskeytown Racer
    95 Bianchi Mega Tube ti
    2012 Ibis Mojo HD
    2015 Kona Process 153

since 4/10/2009
    I've been wearing handup gloves for a number of years now. Usually buy a new pair every year or two, so I can spread out the use and wash each pair less frequently (main source of wear and tear).

I haven't had to throw out a pair yet, though my oldest ones look a little bit tatty.

I bought a pair of the lightweight ones a year or so ago and I really like them for summer riding in the southeast. Have been thinking about getting a pair of their "winter" weight ones. They're not warm enough for midwestern winters, but in the southeast they'd probably be perfect.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ocnLogan View Post
    Which mechanix gloves are you guys using that have thick padded palms? I haven't kept up on the various different models/styles, so its totally possible we're all talking about different versions.

I use the "original" style, and there is zero padding in the palm, or on the back of the hand/fingers. The palm is just a single layer of thin leather, and the back is a kind textured fabric. It's not mesh (it's sturdier than that), but it's also not a canvas, or other thick fabric feel either.

Random photo from the internet of the original.

Fwiw, I used to work landscaping in phoenix during the summers wearing these gloves. And Friday I went on a ride when it was 85f out (hottest so far this summer), and I didn't even think about them. Are there cooler gloves out there? Probably. But I've never thought about needing anything cooler yet. Maybe in the future?

FWIW, I'm not committed to any single brand of apparel. I may try out other brands in the future (Handup in particular), but currently I have been really happy with the mechanix gloves.
    I use the originals. The palm isn't padded but the material is thicker and feels a bit cushy on the grips compared to the thin grippy palm of a typical MX glove.

All fat, all the time.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    I had decent lick with the Troy Lee gloves, but the last set I bought on eBay and they were clearly labeled wrong size. They were cheap though.
    Another pair that lasts has been Pearl Izumi.

Barely in control
    Quote Originally Posted by BumpityBump View Post
    You won't find a better bang for the buck than Free the Powder gloves. Very durable, inexpensive, and stellar customer service.

https://www.freethepowder.com/collec...in-bike-gloves
    How about $3.50/pair? I buy these in a 3 pack: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Firm-Gri...3003/204821677

Cut off the loose wrist flange right after the seam, cut off the fingertips.

I have ten pairs so I can always have a fresh pair to ride. no stinky gloves here!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schulze View Post
    How about $3.50/pair? I buy these in a 3 pack: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Firm-Gri...3003/204821677

I have ten pairs so I can always have a fresh pair to ride. no stinky gloves here!

I couldn't deal with the bulk. Having multiple pairs is nice but I avoid the stink by washing mine a couple times a week.
    I brake for stinkbugs

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    Out of curiosity... how often do you guys wash your gloves? I honestly can't remember a time having consciously thought "my gloves stink", and so as such I've never laundered for that reason (off the top of my head). I have washed a few in the past because of salt stains, just never for smell.

Maybe my rides are too short, or maybe its because most of my riding so far has been in cooler temperatures (I started riding in Oct of last year)?

Or maybe I have exceptionally un-sweaty arms/hands?

Just curious is all.

mtbr member
    Out of curiosity... how often do you guys wash your gloves? I honestly can't remember a time having consciously thought "my gloves stink", and so as such I've never laundered for that reason (off the top of my head). I have washed a few in the past because of salt stains, just never for smell.

Maybe my rides are too short, or maybe its because most of my riding so far has been in cooler temperatures (I started riding in Oct of last year)?

Just curious is all.
    I've noticed that some gloves definitely require a washing more often than others with the ranger gels seeming to require it the most--makes sense they aren't particularly breathable--and I typically need to wash them 2-4 times per season, more if I accidentally leave them in my pack or something after a ride without airing them out.

The tell tale sign for me is when I take them off to do something, and notice my hands have that bad feet/good cheese funk. At that point I soak them in the sink in dish soap agitating and wringing them out periodically before rinsing and leaving out to dry.
    18í SC Bronson Carbon

2018 SC V10.6

mtbr member

Just curious is all.
    Wash my riding gloves? I wouldn't have thought of that, other than wearing them on the occasions where I wash off the bike.

Bikesexual
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuyuna View Post
    Wash my riding gloves? I wouldn't have thought of that, other than wearing them on the occasions where I wash off the bike.
    They get nasty inside, I probably do it every 2months.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member

Just curious is all.

I wash my gloves a couple of times a week because why not? Guess I would rather have them be clean and it's no extra trouble.
    I brake for stinkbugs

Up In Smoke
    Quote Originally Posted by J.B. Weld View Post
    I wash my gloves a couple of times a week because why not? Guess I would rather have them be clean and it's no extra trouble.
    Also a good idea if you ride in Poison Oak infested areas, you might not realize it but your gloves probably came in contact with PO and then you go to wipe some sweat off your brow=PO face.

mtbr member

No offense, but those look like complete POS compared to the FTP gloves.

TGR folks, myself included, have been beating the crap out of the FTP ski gloves and they are far removed from cheap mass produced junk.

mtbr member
    Jun 2017
    I hand wash them after every ride. It would be a remarkable cool and dry day for me not to sweat them up. Same for the pads. Every ride, no smell ever. It only takes 5 minutes in the sink.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Brands that have disintegrated: Dakine, Fox, 100%, Royal

Brands that have held up: Troy Lee & Oakley

mtbr member
    May 2018
    Using these Home Depot gloves right now...they have been washed a few times
    and seem to be holding up pretty well. $10 and they actually fit my hands....size XXL.

Gloves that don't fall apart?-smartselect_20190516-194750_chrome.jpg

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Firm-Gri...7-06/306237617
    2018 Specialized Rockhopper Expert
    2019 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp 29er

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    I may be wrong but I am concerned that washing gloves accelerates their death. Not saying I don't wash them, but I try to do it as sparingly as possible, without being a stinky sonofa b on the trail.
    2019 Forbidden Druid
    2018 Norco Sight C1 29er
    2018 Kona Honzo ST 30th BDay SE
    2015 Kona Paddy Wagon Fixed Gear

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post
    I may be wrong but I am concerned that washing gloves accelerates their death. Not saying I don't wash them, but I try to do it as sparingly as possible, without being a stinky sonofa b on the trail.
    I think sweat and salt residue would break them down much faster than water. Manufacturers of several leather work gloves I have owned recommend regular washing.

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    I think sweat and salt residue would break them down much faster than water. Manufacturers of several leather work gloves I have owned recommend regular washing.
    Yup. That's the counter argument. And bacteria.

I still think washing for me is more harmful than helpful for my gloves. Then again, I am talking about machine washing. Perhaps if I hand washed them, things would be different/better.
    2019 Forbidden Druid
    2018 Norco Sight C1 29er

Bikesexual
    I soak them in water and soap, hand wash, and air dry.
    Surly Krampus
    All City MMD
    Kona Unit

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkrmike View Post

I just throw them in with the washing machine with the rest of my cycling gear on the delicate cycle. I'm using a pair of 100% gloves now and I've washed them dozens of times with only positive effects, never have noticed any damage on any of my gloves by washing them often.
    I brake for stinkbugs

100% PRIME ALBERTA BEEF
    I just throw them in with the washing machine with the rest of my cycling gear on the delicate cycle. I'm using a pair of 100% gloves now and I've washed them dozens of times with only positive effects, never have noticed any damage on any of my gloves by washing them often.
    Ok. You have convinced me to give the weekly washing thing another shot.

I will report back.
    2019 Forbidden Druid
    2018 Norco Sight C1 29er

Barely in control
    No offense, but those look like complete POS compared to the FTP gloves.

TGR folks, myself included, have been beating the crap out of the FTP ski gloves and they are far removed from cheap mass produced junk.
    They aren't POS or I wouldn't use them.

mtbr member
    Sep 2014
    Alright, so for now, it is: Handup, then Tasco, then Mechanix, then FTP and then just to give them another chance, Giro DNDs.

Actually, these Bontis have been great aside from those two very specific weak points, and the little mesh thingy on the palm (which doesn't bother me at all). The lengths I go to keep them going..

Gloves that don't fall apart?-20190517_085441.jpg
    Gloves that don't fall apart?-20190517_085603.jpg

I will run them until they die and then I'll buy Handup first.

mtbr member
    They aren't POS or I wouldn't use them.
    Then why do you need 10 pairs? lol

Snark aside, I would rather have one quality pair that last a long time, don't have bulky seams/stitching everywhere, supports a small U.S. business, etc.

Hand washing is simple and quick.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I have 3-4 rides on a new pair of Giros and the index fingers are already showing loose stitching, so there does seem to be a pattern for Giro not lasting.

My previous gloves are Dakine and both pairs lasted several years.

Barely in control
    Then why do you need 10 pairs? lol

Snark aside, I would rather have one quality pair that last a long time, don't have bulky seams/stitching everywhere, supports a small U.S. business, etc.

Hand washing is simple and quick.
    Because my strategy is to throw them in the clothes basket when they start to get smelly, then wash them all at once with the laundry. This is a maintenance time reduction strategy, not because washing a pair of gloves takes a long time, but when you add up all the little maint. things you do before and after a ride, it becomes long.

You can just buy a pack of three if you don't want ten.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    After blowing through a few Fox and Giro gloves, I've been very happy with the comfort and durability of my Dakine Cross-X gloves.

Gloves that don't fall apart?-cross_x_glove_rasta.jpg

Bonus was buying them at a shop in Whistler for $15 CAN!

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    All these gloves are made in China. what do you expected from it ? They aren't made by Honda or Toyota.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pinche View Post
    After blowing through a few Fox and Giro gloves, I've been very happy with the comfort and durability of my Dakine Cross-X gloves.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cross_x_glove_rasta.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	217.6 KB 
ID:	1251950

Bonus was buying them at a shop in Whistler for $15 CAN!
    Can confirm, have a pair with a few seasons and commuting in them an dhave only now started a hole at the top of one finger--the rubber on the first breaking finger has worn off however. Just I just got a new pair yesterday.

mtbr member
    Aug 2018
    I wash my gloves every other week, sometimes once a week, thanks Florida heat!

I've tried several kinds: Handup, TASCO, Specialized and FOX.

Specialized: Body Geometry Gel. Meh. That's all I can say. Overpriced and not that comfy IMO.

Handup: Braaap Splatter. Order what I thought would be the correct size, they ended up being too small and the stitching around the thumb started ripping. Contacted them, explained I apparently ordered the wrong size and they sent me a new pair, one size up. Got that pair, a week later the stitching in the same spot started to unravel. Contacted them again, they sent yet another pair. They lasted a bit over a moth before the same thing happened. I gave up. Great customer service though.

TASCO: Race Team RedLine Double Digits. Went by their sizing chart and ended up ordering a size too big somehow. Got a size smaller and they fit ok, but not as well as the Handup gloves. Rode with them for maybe 3 weeks and now they're used for random tasks other than riding.

FOX: Defend. On my 2nd pair. Love them honestly. Great feel and fit for my hands.
    2019 Santa Cruz 5010 Carbon C. R Build, in Purple
    2018 Specialized Pitch Comp

mtbr member
    Sep 2017
    I'm surprised that people have had Handup last so long - I have my first pair with 3 or for rides on them and the side stitching is already coming undone. I was debating seeing if they would replace them under warranty but didn't know if it was even worth dealing with them anymore, might just find some other brand that lasts longer.
    Santa Cruz Megatower
    Surly Karate Monkey