Gloves for BIIIIIG Hands?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Gloves for BIIIIIG Hands?

I'm trying to find replacements for my 15 year old, ripped at the seams, falling apart in the palm Cannondale cycling gloves. The problem is that I can't find a single glove for sale in the entire metro area that's large enough.

Cannondale XXL is too small.
    Specialized XXL is too small.
    Pearl Iszumi XXL is too small.
    Giro XXL is too small.
    Performance house brand XXL is too small.

Starting to see a pattern?

Any suggestions? I'd prefer a glove with separate pads over the heel of the hand area to protect the ulnar nerve. I'd prefer gloves with fairly stiff padding as soft poofy padding just instantly crushes flat.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by williaty
    I'm trying to find replacements for my 15 year old, ripped at the seams, falling apart in the palm Cannondale cycling gloves. The problem is that I can't find a single glove for sale in the entire metro area that's large enough.

Cannondale XXL is too small.
    Specialized XXL is too small.
    Pearl Iszumi XXL is too small.
    Giro XXL is too small.
    Performance house brand XXL is too small.

Starting to see a pattern?

Any suggestions? I'd prefer a glove with separate pads over the heel of the hand area to protect the ulnar nerve. I'd prefer gloves with fairly stiff padding as soft poofy padding just instantly crushes flat.
    What size is your hand from palm to tip of middle finger? Do you have fat fingers? From the base of my palm to the tip of my middle finger is 8in, and these are the gloves I wear. My fingers have some extra heft to them but are thiner than my 280lbs suggests.

http://www.louisgarneau.com/ca-en/pr...GX-VENT_GLOVES I have them in XL and have been fairly happy with them. I do beat on them pretty bad and see some wear starting around where my pinky meets my 'hand' on the outside. This wear happened when I started using bar ends again.

Josh

mtbr member
    Apr 2010
    Fingers aren't thicker than average for an XXL, the fingers on all the brands listed fit ok.

From center of my palm to the tip of my middle finger is 14cm. However, that's not the problem, I have really THICK hands due to the hand strength I've developed from rock climbing, playing bass, and making chainmaille. Measured around the "thickness" of my hand, I have a 25cm circumference. Measuring around the thickness of my hand just above the base of my thumb, it's 28cm. "Thickness" of my hand is where I get into trouble.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by williaty
    Fingers aren't thicker than average for an XXL, the fingers on all the brands listed fit ok.

From center of my palm to the tip of my middle finger is 14cm. However, that's not the problem, I have really THICK hands due to the hand strength I've developed from rock climbing, playing bass, and making chainmaille. Measured around the "thickness" of my hand, I have a 25cm circumference. Measuring around the thickness of my hand just above the base of my thumb, it's 28cm. "Thickness" of my hand is where I get into trouble.
    Ok thats just abnormal Ya those are huge hands, I just measured mine and now I feel almost guilty suggesting I compare... don't even bother looking at my above suggestion. Good luck. I have some welding gloves that would work

Josh

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I'd give some xxl 661 gloves a try. My hands are as long or longer, nearly as thick, and there is still some room in the hand portion of my gloves.

R.I.P. DogFriend
    Fox Dirt Paws come in sizes up to XXXXL:

http://www.mxmegastore.com/2010-Fox-...paw-gloves.htm

Excellent cycling gloves to boot.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    i have fox dirt paws and they are excellent! i havbe a pretty big hand 27cm around and 24cm from bottom of hand to tip of finger.

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    i use mechanix brand gloves i have huge hands and they work great

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Not sure what ind you're looking for, but there may be something here
    http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/gloves.htm

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Check your local motorcycle shop - motocross gloves come in bigger sizes, last longer, and are cheaper. Or check your local hardware store for Mechanix or similar gloves.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    As above, motorcycle store.

I just splurged on some Knox Recon gloves, which meet your criteria for the palm. Their scaphoid protection system has two plastic cups on the palm which on pavement, let your hand slide instead of grab. This may not work well on the trail, but just slamming them on the wall and ground proved they work better than another pair I ordered with them that has 2 separate soft pads in that area - Cortech Vice. The Recons go up to size 300mm-30cm, but they're not cheap.

MTBR review on the Hope skewers
    Quote Originally Posted by Get A Clue
    Weaknesses: Doesn't work when used incorrectly

likes to ride bikes
    I've got a problem with glove sizing in that my fingers are very long but thin. Bottom of my hand/wrist to the tip of my middle finger is 8.75 inches, but the circumference of my hand sans thumb is only 9 inches.

All the XXL gloves I've tried are too short; the 3XL gloves I just bought are a little too short also, but they are too wide. Anybody know of a brand of long-fingered gloves that are more tightly fitted?

Thanks in advance.

Members who have read this thread: 0