Gloves?- Mtbr.com

Thread: Gloves?

May 2008

Gloves?

best gloves hands down for people whos gloves practicaly melt in 2 weeks of use

so i am saying i need better gloves how long did yours hold up and what brand and type were they

clyde in training
    I have rocked some marz gloves for a while, pretty good for the price

EastBaySteez
    I've been rocking Fox Inclines for the past 2 year. Best gloves hands down I have ever owned. Yes they are XC gloves. After 2 year did they just rip. Im going to be replacing them with the same.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

Feb 2008
    motorcycle gloves

Brackish
    Specialized Fortress: my first pair lasted three hard years, crash after crash. Just picked up a new pair today.

May 2008
    my fox inclines lasted 2 weeks lol i might try fox bomber

Brackish
    Fox gear, for me, seems to fall apart really easily. Another option is AXO gloves, there are some great deals on them online and they fit well and have decent durability.

mtbr member
    661 descend - mine have lasted a year of everyday riding and abusive use (i live in california so i can ride all through the winter and summer) - i like them and their comfy and they look pimp

mtbr member
    I dont really like my fox bombers. They rip fairly easy (not from crashing) and theyre hot inside. Also they cause me many calusses or blisters or whatever
    My next gloves will probably be rockgardn's carbon fiber gloves

mtbr member
    May 2008
    I been happy with motocross gloves made by thor,answer and axo--------they have been making solid gloves for a long time.

Professional Troll
    brooklyn machine works gloves. No question the toughest gloves. I used mine for 2 seasons. Granted they were trashed before i got rid of them. but they were f-ing tough gloves, lots of protection too. I will only buy those from now on.

check your six
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    Fox gear, for me, seems to fall apart really easily. Another option is AXO gloves, there are some great deals on them online and they fit well and have decent durability.
    I had a pair of AXO gloves. They honestly lasted me two runs at Snowshoe. They split right at the palm. But that is not to say they are bad gloves. I have also split and torn Fox and 661. The best gloves I have found are at Home Depot. The mechanics gloves last much longer and are like $15 at your local Depot.
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

Pro Crastinator
    i've never found a pair of gloves that last more than a month and i've been trying different gloves for over 25 years. if you ride, your gloves fall apart, that's all there is to it. these people whose gloves last a year or more obviously spend very little time on the saddle...

Brackish
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    i've never found a pair of gloves that last more than a month and i've been trying different gloves for over 25 years. if you ride, your gloves fall apart, that's all there is to it. these people whose gloves last a year or more obviously spend very little time on the saddle...

mtbr member
    ive been using tld Dh armourd gloves and have lasted me, erm, a year(?) and thats nearly every day use

gkl
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    i've used a bunch of different types too. previously, fox were my favorites (for fit and durability) but have also used two different versions of rockgardn fate gloves and some TLDs. the rockgardns didn't fit me real well and didn't really hold up very well. they have a bunch of armor in the back, but who lands on the back of their hand in a crash?

my new favorite is oakley hand-ratchet. i can't say much about durability since i only have a hand-full (punny) of rides on them, but they are by far the best fitting and most comfortable gloves i've rideen with.

mtbr member
    i have a pair or 661 launch gloves, i got them off wheelworld for $15 and ive used them for about a half a year for both paintball and mountainbike
    Quote Originally Posted by _dw
    To be blunt;

6) The Earth would begin to collapse into a black hole and it would make people sad.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by gkl
    i've used a bunch of different types too. previously, fox were my favorites (for fit and durability) but have also used two different versions of rockgardn fate gloves and some TLDs. the rockgardns didn't fit me real well and didn't really hold up very well. they have a bunch of armor in the back, but who lands on the back of their hand in a crash?

my new favorite is oakley hand-ratchet. i can't say much about durability since i only have a hand-full (punny) of rides on them, but they are by far the best fitting and most comfortable gloves i've rideen with.
    i am sure you have encounterd brambels(?) and stinning nettels. not forgetting black thorn bushes, those gloves i had were the onlly ones that stopped my hands from facing a simialr threat as our tires do every day

(as always i am sorry for any spelling mistakes.)

gkl
    mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bxxer rider
    i am sure you have encounterd brambels(?) and stinning nettels. not forgetting black thorn bushes, those gloves i had were the onlly ones that stopped my hands from facing a simialr threat as our tires do every day

(as always i am sorry for any spelling mistakes.)
    ...sure, including cactus here in az. but with all that stuff even the gloves with the rubber on the back was enough to stop that. i just decided to stop paying extra for carbon knuckles. i think they look cool, but are really not any more effective than the direct injected rubber found commonly on fox and the tld stuff.

i mostly had problems with the 661 raji with thorns and stuff. they offered no protection at all. plus, i really havent been into the 661 designs in the past couple of years.

mtbr member
    hummm my tld were only gel armour but that did the trick

mtbr member
    I've been thru lots of gloves over the years. By far my favorites were anything TLD. They are the best quality, most comfortable, most durable gloves out there. Right now I have some Airs, XCs, GPs, and Apexes. All nice gloves.

mtbr member
    yeh i have used gloves from some company i carnt remeber and 661 and my fav has to be TLD

May 2008
    cool **** yhea i had mechnics gloves they were pretty good not to comfy tho

May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle
    hahahahahahha mad funny

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    fox pawtectors great gloves lasted a while

mtbr member
    I heard shock pumps make for some serious hand protection!

But only if you shred down-town NYC.

EastBaySteez
    Picked up some TLD XC gloves today.
    Similar to my fox inclines but more padding on the palm
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

GRAVITY IS GOOD
    Fox flexair gloves. Lightweight with good ventilation and built for MX.
    Attached Images Attached Images

moaaar shimz
    Quote Originally Posted by dowst
    I heard shock pumps make for some serious hand protection!

But only if you shred down-town NYC.
    Funny

mtbr member
    First I had Fox Digit gloves, which worked a hole within a month or so, then I got a pair of Fox Sidewinders which worked a hole within a few weeks. I thin I'm over Fox gloves.....

mtbr member
    go with TLD best value out there, they will last a life time! (not literly but you know what i mean)

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I had some fox dirtpaw gloves for a year. they were pretty trashed when I finally replaced them, but I got another pair because the place they were falling apart was at the fingertips, and so they were still wearable. It wasn't until one of the stitching on my braking finger started interfering that I replaced them. I'm all for getting something cheap and just wearing it into the ground, and not replacing it the second it starts falling apart. long as it stays on my hand and covers most of it, its good by me!

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Fox, Dakine, Sombrio all make decent gloves that sometimes last and sometimes fall apart. It's always a gamble at this level of glove. 1 pair will have great stitching, the next pair will be falling apart on the rack. If you go with this level of glove, go to the store and look them over very carefully until you find one that looks perfect.

OR, go with Dainese gloves. You'll easily spend 2-3x as much for your gloves but the construction is a cut above the disposable gloves that most MFG's produce. I'm currently riding with a pair of their Techno Lite Gloves. They seamlessly transition between hard and soft protection and still breathe very well, easily the highest quality gloves that I have owned.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I got some 661 Cedric last year they last me no more than 2 months. They really disintegrated .I mailed them back to 661 and they send me new ones,and after a month I am having the same problem.They are very cheaply made and you pay good money for it.

moaaar shimz
    661 Cedric have the reputation of falling apart on the first ride.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Thor Core MX gloves are the best I've ever used. They last much longer and fit better than anything I've had by Fox, 661/AXO, Specialized, DaKine, etc. The cheaper Thor Static and Phase gloves are also super durable but not as comfortable as the Cores. If you want gloves with lots of protection (carbon knuckles, etc.) then Dainese are the best.

mtbr member

661 Airflow Glove 2008

Members who have read this thread: 0