gloves- Mtbr.com

Thread: gloves

mtbr member
    Apr 2008

gloves

What type gloves do people wear while doing long rides?

Team Awesome
    fox gloves with no padding in the palms + ergon grips. the only way to roll.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    what type of fox gloves?

Just Wanna Ride!
    Feb 2004
    I prefer gloves will little to no padding. Specialized makes a couple models with minimal padding. I look for something that has just an extra layer of glove material (maybe just 2 layers of the leather type stuff) instead of thick padding.

Team Awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by hows it goin
    what type of fox gloves?
    I don't know the model - they're light, don't have any padding, and were quite cheap.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

love 'em

Not sure why, but it seems like little padding is the most comfortable...

I buy these at my local hardware store, the general utility model. Super comfy, super strong. I wear them almost all year round.

And when it gets really cold, I love the LG lobster mitts.

Ditto the Ergon grips.

"Whether it be an abrasion or a mental breakdown, everyone suffers in one way or another." ORAMM Disclaimer

mtbr member
    I just bought these by Pearl Izumi and they are very comfortable. The padding at the ulnar nerve area is top notch.

http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...estore_ID=1364

You down with entropy?
    I am currently liking the LG ergo air full finger gloves. They have light padding.
    But one real difference is they have light mesh between the fingers and a meshy spot
    in the palm. really nice so far

mtbr member
    Anything with long fingers. Cause when you lube up your arse you want to cover those fingers up quick before you eat anything.

I use these Home Depot models with no padding. They say "subcontractor" on the back and cost $9.95.

And I second Ergon grips.

mtbr member
    I like the 661 Raji gloves for warm weather. They are very light, no padding, breathe well and stretch enough that my hands are not restricted. I have big paws and like XXL (size 12) gloves but most bike gloves are only offered in XL.The down side to them is that they don't last very long. If you ride a lot you can figure a couple of pairs in a summer.

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...aji+Glove.aspx

For cool weather I have been using a Mechanix glove called a "fast fit". They started supplying us with these at work and I liked them so I bought a pair at the local auto parts store to try for riding. The longer you wear these the more comfortable they get and it seems like they will last forever. No padding in the palm and they do not have a velcro closure strap at the top. Available in XXL, I find them to be very comfortable. I had used some other mechanics types gloves in the past and didn't care for them, but the Fast-Fit style works good for me and for under $20 they are are a good deal.

http://garage.mechanix.com/detail.aspx?ID=4

For cold weather riding this past winter I used some Shift brand MX Chill motorcycle gloves.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=

And for really cold rides I used these hand grip covers for snowmobiles. These things with the cold weather gloves worked great for long rides even with temps below 20 degrees F.

http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produc...fCatId=&mmyId=
    Last edited by 11 Bravo; 04-27-2008 at 09:06 PM.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member
    Jun 2007
    none. i like it raw.

mvi
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    No gloves Ergon grips. Even in the Tour you see riders without gloves, for some reason (heatloss?)

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    I think the Fox gloves that people are talking of is the Incline. That is what I roll, they last forever too, and aren't all flashy. Have my Ergon grips on order, hope they show up fast.

mtbr member
    specialized enduro womens gloves with no padding (wtf why do the mens have padding)

Members who have read this thread: 0