Gloves- Mtbr.com

Thread: Gloves

veinte nueve pulgadas

Gloves

Any recommendations on a set of Full Fingered gloves with decent palm padding (but not too much) that won't break the bank and won't fall apart in a month?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I like the specialized XC gloves. The padding is on the outside of the palm, very ergonomic. The grip is excellent with sticky stuff underneath where calluses grow

About 20 dead presidents I believe.

Finding the right gloves is like a mission: they're either too nimble and you end up nursing sores all the time and a lumberjack grip, or too tough and you can't feel whether you're holding the handlebars or not and forget about braking modulation...

Maurice

Mar 2005

last 2 pairs of gloves were junk

"and won't fall apart in a month"

I didn'ty realize this may be common, the last 2 pairs of gloves I bought came apart on the palms. One was MSR motorcross gloves, the other were Fox MTB gloves. I e-mailed Fox customer support, we'll see if they stand behind their products ( 5 rides on the gloves!)

veinte nueve pulgadas

specialized

I agree on the specialized. almost.

i bought one pair ~2 years ago and love them still. Bought a pair this year...don't know if it is the same model for the new year or what, but I'm not such a big fan of them.

I guess I need to check em for model numbers. My LBS sells em for $38 or so. wish i could find em for $20. that would rock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by nzumbi
    Any recommendations on a set of Full Fingered gloves with decent palm padding (but not too much) that won't break the bank and won't fall apart in a month?
    Get some motocross gloves. I am using '05 O'Neal Hardwares I picked up at a Cycle Gear store in town for like $20. Check out places like wwwbtosports.com or www.motosportoutlet.com. They constantly blowout MX stuff and their glove prices are cheap.

Cold. Blue. Steel.
    Another vote for Special-Eyezed.

Love the tacky palm and pad only under my ulnar nerve. They fit like a second skin, too!

OGG
    Spinning and Grinning...

Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranman
    "and won't fall apart in a month"

I didn'ty realize this may be common, the last 2 pairs of gloves I bought came apart on the palms. One was MSR motorcross gloves, the other were Fox MTB gloves. I e-mailed Fox customer support, we'll see if they stand behind their products ( 5 rides on the gloves!)
    Do you know what model of Fox gloves they were? I've been using Fox Inclines and they seem good to me...

veinte nueve pulgadas

Specialized

I found out which gloves are which. 2004 enduros were awesome:
    https://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA...duroLong_l.jpg

2005 Enduros aren't so awesome. They changed the palm contstruction and I'm not a fan. Looks like it is the same across all of their gloves too, which blows:

https://www.specialized.com/OA_MEDIA...duroLong_l.jpg

Oh well. Nothing good lasts forever.

mtbr member
    Try Mechanix brand gloves. They can be had at any Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc. auto parts store. They have both unpadded and padded. Less than $30 and last a long time. Those NASCAR mechanics can't be wrong. Try 'em.

Mar 2005
    "Do you know what model of Fox gloves they were? I've been using Fox Inclines and they seem good to me..."

They were Fox Mojave gloves, I think they are borderline worthless if they start coming apart after 4-5 rides. I just ride XC SS and did not do anything like wreck or maybe install barb wire fencing with the gloves on to explain how both could be coming apart in the palms

mtbr member

Pearl

Check out the pearl izumi full finger gloves.

I have gotten almost two seasons out of my pearls, although I use half finger (if that is what they are called) gloves during the warmer months. Not too much padding, but they work for me.

Mar 2005
    Fox customer service says I have to return the gloves to the dealer where I bought them (in Seattle!) ( I live in NC!!) for return by the dealer for evaluation and possible repair or replacement. I don't want either option so WTF. I am dissapointed but to be fait the MSR motocross gloves I bought previously are also coming apart in the palm so I guess I need a more durable option.

I have a different pair of MSR motocross gloves that have 5 good years of ATV and biking use, and have just got worn out. I guess they don't make them like they used too...
    Last edited by Cranman; 09-28-2005 at 09:07 AM.

Aug 2004

Members who have read this thread: 0