Glasses with Good coverage for someone with a very small head?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2008

Glasses with Good coverage for someone with a very small head?

Posting on behalf of my girlfriend. She wears contacts and her eyes get dried out very easily in cold weather. She needs some glasses with very good coverage and protection but she's got a pretty tiny noggin. We've tried the LBS and the local REI (they mostly sell tifosi) but have not found anything suitable.

Basically she's looking for clear lenses, great wind protection in a small package.

Thanks for the help!

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    My wife has a small head and likes her Smith glasses. It's the Pivlock Asana model. Comes with three lenses so it's a good deal.

mtbr member
    Apr 2015
    Check out Wiley X. I used to manage an optical shop and eyes drying for motor and pedal cyclist was a major concern. Wiley X seem to fit the bill for most of them. Some models have a removable gasket that will really help with her issue. I had a pair and they worked well. My only complaint was they were made for small to medium faces and i have a big noggin so ended giving them away because they were a bit snug. Not sure what the new ones look like since I've been out of the business for a few years. BTW, I'm not affiliated with any brand or business, just helping out.

Why so uptite?
    Dec 2005
    Also check target, their optical just brought in some new Oakley frames. You might find something there, my wife just picked up a set of RX Oakley sunglasses there. Took about 2weeks to get the RX filed.
    Collection of fun carbon & titanium bikes

@tgi_cycling

mtbr member
    Oct 2016
    Seems like one of the most overlooked piece of gear, even if you don't need contacts or glasses, protecting your eyes is important, once a lense gets scratched it's easy to ignore the pain and not bother with them. As far as where to buy them? You might want to try a place that sells them for less of a niche group like construction or industry. This sounds silly but I used a pair of small full seal goggles I bought from a local airsoft store, they sell so many that they had a good selection and didn't mind if you tried them on for fit.

Ride More - Suffer Less
    I would second the Smith Pivlock. They are my main go to riding lens for the past few years. A female friend also uses the Asana and she is quite happy with them overall. Smith also makes an "Elite Tactical" that comes i a compact size. Good stuff.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I used these goggles during winter riding and they're great!
    https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Mo...in+bike+goggle

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    I've used these for a few yrs. Same reason. Wind They have rubber liners on the inside to keep out a lot of the wind.
    Bobster Shield II Sunglasses - Motorcycle Superstore

mtbr member
    When I wore contacts, I used to switch to corrective glasses on the bike for similar reasons; eye's would get dry, or I'd get dust, pollen, bugs in them. I figured since I'm wearing glasses on the bike anyway, they might as well be corrective and not have to deal with contacts too. My eyes weren't that bad though, so my eyeglasses weren't Coke bottles or anything.
    Do the math.

mtbr member
    Jan 2017
    100% Speedcraft SL. Good fit for a small head and huge coverage.