Giro Xen gloves- Mtbr.com

Thread: Giro Xen gloves

mtbr member

Giro Xen gloves

I was at REI today and found a pair of Giro Xen gloves that fit really well. When I got home I did a little reseach and they get mixed reviews. Some like them others say they rip easy.

Anyone here us and like them?

mtbr member
    I am interested in them as well. My Fox Sidewinders (pair number 3) are starting to come apart. The Fox feel better built but the Xen fit better.

mtbr member
    LOVE Them. Seriously they're the best glove I've ever tried. However, the little velcro closure thingy on one of mine delaminated from the velcro part, not a huge deal, just annoying.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I can tell you that I hate my Zen helmet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pisgah
    I can tell you that I hate my Zen helmet.
    I can tell you I love my Xen helmet. I tried on Giro Remedy gloves and Fox Digits at REI today. Both felt better than my Sidewinders but the Giros were stretchy while the Fox felt more like a compression fit when squeezing a grip. The Giros felt paper line while the Digits felt more robust and durable.

nocturnal oblivion
    I just replaced my Giro Remedys after a year of heavy use, best gloves I've used. While getting replacements at rei I looked at the xens, the apparent lack of durability at the fingertips turned me off.

mtbr member
    I'm worried about long term durability but they fit amazing. Here in Virginia the summers are so hot that all my other gloves turn my hands into swamps and I was thinking this might be a good alternitive.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    I've had a few pairs of Giro gloves from REI. On the upside they were the most comfortable glove I've ever worn. On the downside, they came apart at a seam every time. Luckily, REI has a great return/exchange policy and after 3 or 4 chances I decided no matter how comfortable the glove were, it isn't worth having to exchange every two weeks. YMMV.

Air Pirate
    Quote Originally Posted by NoVA_JB
    I'm worried about long term durability but they fit amazing. Here in Virginia the summers are so hot that all my other gloves turn my hands into swamps and I was thinking this might be a good alternitive.

I use the Giro Remedy gloves here in Sacramento, where I am sure it gets about as hot as Virginia...just probably not as humid. Hands feel pretty good, these things breathe in the tripple-digit temps just fine. I also took them with me to Hawaii and used them when I rented a Yamaha R6. Handled the heat of the island streets in the summer just fine.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    DON'T GET THEM!!!!

I had a pair for a while lightweight comfy glove. I really like 'em. Until they started to rip. Told my buddy at the LBS I bought them from, and he told me how all of th eGiro gloves they have ordered have ripped or came apart at the seam. They said that giro knew about the problem and refunded the lbs for the gloves. BUT Giro hasn't changed anything on the gloves.

I am quite disappointed, as they were very nice and well thought out.

Members who have read this thread: 0