Giro remedy helmet deal- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Giro remedy helmet deal

Performance is having a 20 percent off sale right now,. They have Giro remedy helmets for 59.99 or 47.99 after the 20% off. That price is the lowest I have seen.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    Speaking of helmet deals; if you go over to chainlove.com right now and scroll down to their other deals, they have sixsixone pro bravo and strike helmets for around $55, and the pro bravo carbon for $110.

Glad to Be Alive
    that is a great price, butI wouldn't trust that helmet for dh or fr....it is like a toy compared to some other helmets (700 series Azonic/O'neil).....get more protection
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

moaaar shimz
    Thousands of riders all over the world trust their Giro Remedy... It's a great helmet and Giro/Bell know their **** when it comes to helmet testing......

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    Thousands of riders all over the world trust their Giro Remedy... It's a great helmet and Giro/Bell know their **** when it comes to helmet testing......
    when you compare both helmets in your hand....then you will know which helmet you would want.....if you are fast and go big....don't buy a remedy period.....if you don't ride to fast or mostly xc trails then get the remedy
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    May 2007
    well, as far as rating goes, any DOT/SNELL helmet is technically going to be better than a remedy, which is only bicycle rated.

that said, I don't doubt the strength and protection abilities of the remedy one bit. I've been wearing one for about 8 months, and I've spent a fair amount of time on my head. still not a crack, not a looseness, and still no headaches or concussions. It's a helmet and it works as such.

Then again, I do agree that a DOT/SNELL would be a better choice for a more extreme rider. My next helmet will probably be a TLD, but that's also $$$$$. Some people just plain can't afford that kind of helmet.

if you're on a budget, a remedy will work fine. If you can afford a better helmet, buy a better helmet. be happy with whatever you get.

Pacifist Guerilla
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    when you compare both helmets in your hand....then you will know which helmet you would want.....if you are fast and go big....don't buy a remedy period.....if you don't ride to fast or mostly xc trails then get the remedy
    I'm afraid I have to disagree, the remedy is a decent helmet. Loads of big riders use them. There are better helmets out there of course, but theres nothing much wrong with the remedy for the big stuff. Of course, if youre a pro or pro standard youre not going to have one anyway.

Members who have read this thread: 0