Giro Remedy Gloves - Fixed?- Mtbr.com
    dude

Giro Remedy Gloves - Fixed?

Last year I tried out a set of Giro Remedy gloves and while I thought that the fit was incredible, I ended up going through 3 of them in about a month. I kept tearing the gloves at the seams either where the microfiber joined up with the leather or around the D3o palm pad. Other gloves I looked at in the store looked like they weren't too far from tearing like this as well, so I ended up going with a pair of Dakine gloves that I'm less happy with, fit-wise but are more durable.

Has anyone tried the newer gloves? Have they fixed these issues? or did I manage to find all of the gloves in a really crappy run?

mtbr member
    Are you buying them a size too small? I can get a lot of mileage out of my gloves, and yes, they usually tear at the seams but not for months.

dude
    Not to my knowledge. I got a size small, whereas I'm normally a medium in Dakine, but the size medium was too long for my fingers and I was tugging down on the gloves all the time. I actually went through a size M, and 2 S's.

mtbr member
    OK, just thought I'd check on that. Does sound like a manufacturing or design issue.

nocturnal oblivion
    On my second set of remedy gloves, first pair wore through the leather palm. Got many miles out of them, two seasons. Latest pair are holding up.

dude
    stumblemumble, when and where did you purchase yours? I think I got mine in about april 09 or so, soon after they had been released, I believe.

nocturnal oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyjoedotorg
    stumblemumble, when and where did you purchase yours? I think I got mine in about april 09 or so, soon after they had been released, I believe.
    First pair was late 08, just got the second pair. Both times from REI. The first ones I still use, just that the D30 is exposed where the leather wore through. Two years riding 3x a week. Best gloves IMO.

Members who have read this thread: 0