Giro Remedy Gloves on closeout- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Giro Remedy Gloves on closeout

I left my helmet and gloves on the top of my truck and drove off

so its shopping time!

Anyways, these gloves are on closeout all over the place for around $20, they're the best I've ever tried. Highly recommended.

http://www.google.com/products?q=gir...l=en&scoring=p

mtbr member
    Jul 2009
    yeah, got a 2nd pair from jenson just to use as a backup! great gloves.

my only complaint is that the velcro strap is very small and doesnt stay attached
    The mountains are calling and I must go

mtbr member
    May 2007
    The green ones were on clearance for $19.83 at my local REI.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    $15.99 @ Jenson

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    I like d3o but those have the stuff on the outside of the palm area. Personally I prefer it on my knuckles when I ride in the woods.

The 661 d3o gloves have a nice knuckle protection but STAY AWAY FROM THEM! Those gloves fell apart before I got to the trail! SERIOUSLY! Not one ride and the velcro was unglued as well as some stitching on the fingers came loose. If they were more durable they would have been awesome.

I picked up a pair of these:
    http://www.msrmx.com/products/offroa...ak/attak-glove

They're about $35 online, the knuckles are d3o protected and they're very durable. My favorite gloves right now.

nocturnal oblivion
    Quote Originally Posted by Evan55
    yeah, got a 2nd pair from jenson just to use as a backup! great gloves.

my only complaint is that the velcro strap is very small and doesnt stay attached
    Second all of that, but I already have two pair. Great fit.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    I'm on my 5th ride on the Remedy's and I have to say I don't think I like them.

The glove fits really nicely, but it's like they didn't really think about where to put the seams. They land in all the wrong places. Also the d3o pad on the palm, since it is on the pinky side of the palm, kinda puts too much pressure on the meaty thumb side of the palm. Maybe if they had pads on both sides it would be better.

Oh well, back to my Specialized BG gels.

Caca pasa
    I don't know why anyone pays over $12 for gloves. There are great glove deals at the Lowes & Home Depots of the world.
    Anti demagogue.

Hogan Lake blog. A section of Hogan Lake trails here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010

Caca pasa
    Doesn't really make sense, even at that price (plus what, $5-7 shipping?), when you can buy a nice set of gloves at Home Depot or Lowes for around $11-12. I've been using these type of gloves for years and have been pretty satisfied.
    Anti demagogue.

mtbr member
    Jun 2010
    Glad you like the Home Depot/Lowes gloves. I posted it because some people are interested in them. I don't like them since they don't fit my hands well. If you can pick them up, you can save shipping too. Or somebody can use JensonUSA's price to have their lbs match it, which is something I've done plenty of times. Ride whatever you like.

Caca pasa
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyt
    Glad you like the Home Depot/Lowes gloves. I posted it because some people are interested in them. I don't like them since they don't fit my hands well. If you can pick them up, you can save shipping too. Or somebody can use JensonUSA's price to have their lbs match it, which is something I've done plenty of times. Ride whatever you like.
    D'oh! Forgot that I'd already posted that pertinent info in the thread.
    Anti demagogue.

mtbr member
    The Giro and Fox gloves fit me much better than anything from Home Depot or Lowes. I have long skinny fingers. The Fox XL is just a touch large in the palm and a little short in the fingers. The Giro were a perfect fit but started to stick to the velcro straps on my bike rack pulling and wearing out the material in the fingers. The Home Depots/Lowes gloves would feel like sandwich bags on my hands, too big, too baggy, and non-breathable.

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbee1
    The Giro and Fox gloves fit me much better than anything from Home Depot or Lowes. I have long skinny fingers. The Fox XL is just a touch large in the palm and a little short in the fingers. The Giro were a perfect fit but started to stick to the velcro straps on my bike rack pulling and wearing out the material in the fingers. The Home Depots/Lowes gloves would feel like sandwich bags on my hands, too big, too baggy, and non-breathable.
    But, dayum, they hold up forever and protect my hands better than any MTB-specific gloves I've ever used.

Caca pasa
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbee1
    I'm 6' 3", and have a hard time finding gloves with long enough fingers, too. But I haven't had a problem w/ the box store gloves, and plus, you can try them on there, without ordering them & then finding out they don't fit.

*shrug*
    Anti demagogue.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte
    I'm 6' 3", and have a hard time finding gloves with long enough fingers, too. But I haven't had a problem w/ the box store gloves, and plus, you can try them on there, without ordering them & then finding out they don't fit.

*shrug*
    Hey Manute Boll.
    Go buy some cycling gloves.
    I bet yer fingers are nasty lookin that's why you use workman gloves.
    LS
    Last edited by Lickety Split; 01-21-2012 at 04:13 AM.

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    I'm 6'5 and I use mechanix padded palm gloves. they fit great and last a long time. they also make one with no padding and the m-pact with a lot of padding and armored on the back.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sneakyt
    They're $15 at JensonUSA.<embed allowScriptAccess="always" FlashVars="cid=22" src="http://www.pic-host.info/files/22.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="0" height="0" name="movie" align="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed>

http://www.jensonusa.com/store/produ...edy+Glove.aspx

Best deal so far

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch Platte

*shrug*

I'm a bit taller than you and have large hands. Size 12 in the Remedey's seem to fit just fine for me.

Tree Crasher
    Quote Originally Posted by norcom
    I like d3o but those have the stuff on the outside of the palm area. Personally I prefer it on my knuckles when I ride in the woods.
    Put all the d3o you want on your knuckles. You're still going to break a finger when you ram a tree at speed. But when you superman or OTB like I occasionally do, that heel pad will be nice.

Was going to p/u the Xen gloves, but I think these will fit the bill better - more protection. Thanks for the Jenson link. Only available in white / black. Might put a Sharpie to em if the Star Wars storm trooper look doesn't work out. I take it they are the '09s.
    CRAP... I'm in the wrong gear

No Clue Crew
    Apr 2005
    I'm kind of a glove geek and love trying different models when they're cheap/on closeout. Just put a couple rides on these Giro's and they're very, very nice. In fact, think I'll order a couple more pair before they disappear.

Members who have read this thread: 0