Giro Remedy 2008 helmet pads- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Giro Remedy 2008 helmet pads

just picked up a Giro Remedy 2008 CF full face helmet...read some good things about it. orig. got the large but i felt like a bobble-head wearing it so i changed for the med. med, fits better up top, but cheek pads are squeezing my face worse than my italian aunts...does anyone know where i can get a "slimmer/thinner" set of replacement pads for this helmet? thanks much!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    They should break in a bit after riding for awhile. Or, you could take them out and sit on them all day.

I could gap that.
    Jul 2008
    Carbon Fiber is really bad for helmets, unless you're loaded with money. Carbon is one of those materials that once you fall on it, hit it, it will break. Not always the most visible damage, but it will have hairline fractures within. It's really only good for DH Racing and if you fall, replace.
    Demo 8
    P1
    http://www.chainsmokeracing.net/
    Sponsors: Twenty6, ODI, Elka, Crank Bros, Sixsixone, Azonic, Specialized

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by specializedbeta18
    Carbon Fiber is really bad for helmets, unless you're loaded with money. Carbon is one of those materials that once you fall on it, hit it, it will break. Not always the most visible damage, but it will have hairline fractures within. It's really only good for DH Racing and if you fall, replace.
    that is with all helmets......you need to replace them after crashes
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

..ouch
    Quote Originally Posted by ocguy2004
    does anyone know where i can get a "slimmer/thinner" set of replacement pads for this helmet?
    Had a similar problem.. just pulled them out and stuck them under a heavy box for a few days... did the trick.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by specializedbeta18
    what kind of helmet are you wearing? some indestructible new material we've never heard of?

so...your saying for people who ARE loaded with money, it's okay for them to get, in your opinion, the weaker helmet?

and btw...carbon helmets go through the same tests as non carbon helmets.

EastBaySteez
    Just ride around and fight through the pain. Your face will thank you later.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

I could gap that.
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by brillantesdv
    what kind of helmet are you wearing? some indestructible new material we've never heard of?

so...your saying for people who ARE loaded with money, it's okay for them to get, in your opinion, the weaker helmet?

and btw...carbon helmets go through the same tests as non carbon helmets.
    No, I'm not saying because it's the weaker helmet. What I means was because if you're rich, you're able to more easily replace it.
    Granted they gothiugh the same tests, the carbon used in helmets is still weaker thanthe traditional fiber glass.
    Demo 8
    P1
    http://www.chainsmokeracing.net/
    Sponsors: Twenty6, ODI, Elka, Crank Bros, Sixsixone, Azonic, Specialized

mtbr member
    well..to addresses some of the posts...no...not rich...got a great deal on this helmet so i went with it. the sides pads will most likely improve over time, but went ahead and ordered a pair of 25mm side pads too (stock pads are 30mm). not a steep price to pay for the added comfort...and i'll have a pair of spares, now..after i flatten them a bit. was just hoping to find them in a store rather than have to order but,,,oh well...so i wait a week.

Members who have read this thread: 0