Giro helmet rumor?- Mtbr.com

May 2007

Giro helmet rumor?

I slammed last night and cracked my new Giro helmet. I told a buddy about it today and he told me that if I take it back to a shop, they'll give me 30% off a new Giro helmet. Anybody ever heard this before?

eat your porridge jordie
    Giro is interested in your safety and in advancing our state-of-the-art in head protection. If your helmet is involved in an accident you may be able to get credit toward a new helmet from Giro by doing the following:

Send us:
    a. Your damaged helmet;
    b. A copy of your dated cash register receipt;
    c. A letter describing your accident (in as much detail as possible)

Ship to:
    GIRO
    Consumer Service
    1924 County Road, 3000 North
    Rantoul, IL 61866

If you have any questions about this program please call us at (800)456-2355 or e-mail us at [email protected]. Crash replacement program is available to U.S. customers only. Customers outside the U.S. should call (800)456-2355 or e-mail us for information on the crash replacement program applicable to them. Remember: NEVER wear a helmet thats been involved in an accident.

copied directly from giro site
    "If you want to do something ordinary people can't, you have to be willing to do what ordinary people won't"

mtbr member
    As noted - it's true. After a terrible crash, my Giro Pneumo was toast. My dealer dealt with all the warranty stuff, and simply took 30% off at the register...
    "It's better to regret something you HAVE done, than something you haven't..." -

Tossin the salad.
    That's cool news! I purchased my new giro helmet this past Tuesday. It was on sale for 28.00

Hope to never bust it or use my head to get it busted, but if so,,, I know to depend on Giro for a new one

Aug 2005
    thats cool my helmet in pretty bad shape

Ride Responsibly
    I think most the manufactures have some sort of crash replacement incentives.
    On April first I fubared my Serfas helmet which I got at a good discount, when I took the bucket back to Greenline I learned Serfas was no longer in the helmet business, but they did not hesitate to knock 25% off a new Giro.

good trails please
    Yeah, when I bought my helmet I saw something like that in the papers that came with it. I think that's cool for Giro to do, getting return customers and easy real world testing.

Members who have read this thread: 0