Giant Rail helmet - anyone have one?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Giant Rail helmet - anyone have one?

Based on the description, it's similar to a Giro Feature, which fits my head shape, but seems to have better ventilation, so I'm interested in the Rail, but none of my local Giant dealers have one in stock.

Does anyone have a Giant Rail, or tried one on, to compare the fit/shape to Giro?

mtbr member
    I have a Rail. It's is nice and well ventilated. I wear a medium in Giro and a medium Bell. My head is in the 58-59cm range. The medium Rail fit's me, but it is a narrow oval helmet. Not much room side-to-side, but plenty of room front and back. I would say my head is more oval then round, so if you have a very round head you might need to size up (or go with another brand).

Fyi, the claimed weight is 275g without visor. My size medium is 313g with visor, still a pretty light MTB helmet.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Loch View Post
    I have a Rail. It's is nice and well ventilated. I wear a medium in Giro and a medium Bell. My head is in the 58-59cm range. The medium Rail fit's me, but it is a narrow oval helmet. Not much room side-to-side, but plenty of room front and back. I would say my head is more oval then round, so if you have a very round head you might need to size up (or go with another brand).

Fyi, the claimed weight is 275g without visor. My size medium is 313g with visor, still a pretty light MTB helmet.
    No I think my head is quite oval, many other brands fit too round (too much room on the sides and tight front-to-back), so that is what I needed to know, thanks.

mtbr member
    Dec 2016
    I have had one for about 6 months now. Works well for me, comfy, light, good vents. I have a big head, that is an XL in those brands that do it, but the L fits fine. Agree with the comment re being long and a little narrow. Fits my big bonce snuggly, but without pressure hot spots.
    Ventilation is good, I'm in Africa, so it's warm, but the vents are good. Put it on and forget it's there, about as much as you can ask of a helmet.
    I haven't noticed it as an issue as yet, but have seen other reviews that mentioned that due to so much ventilation the sponge pads lining the helmet are very minimal and can squirm off the Velcro.