full finger gloves with padded palm?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

full finger gloves with padded palm?

Anyone recommend a set of full finger gloves with some padding to the palms? The only ones I seem to find are those with just a layer of cloth or a kevlar/similar abrasion cloth also with no padding.

I'd like to wear full fingered gloves year round but would also like to have some padding in them.

3 "fiddy" for short
    I have been looking for a new pair of gloves as well and had little luck finding anything with palm padding until I looked here http://www.dakine.com/base.cfm. Now, I have never used these gloves but they are worth a look.

Mar 2006

Good job!

I just got these gloves the other day at the shop I work at, and I love them! They are very comfortable and have plenty of gel padding. I went riding with them on a very hot day, and my hands did not sweat at all. I highly recommend this glove:

http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.ph...color_code=021

Bike to the Bone...
    661 has some (I don't know the models) as well as Specialized...

mtbr member
    I'll second the PI Gel-lite's. I picked some up a couple of months ago, and they're great. They did take a couple of rides to get broken in though.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    Specialized has quite a few different models.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

mtbr member
    I think Louis Garneau makes a pair, I tried them on recently and ripped them right off because I thought they were too padded (for me, I like thin gloves).

HHL
    Que je suis bete!
    Nov 2004

I second

the pearls. I have tried several different full-finger gloves and these are the most comfortable with the best ulnar gel pad. Mine are last years, but I imagine they are similar.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Good job!

I have the Gel-Lites as well. The only problem I've had is that the Velcro on the cuff could be improved. I had to get some sewn on to keep the cuff closed.

Padding is great. My hands feel better than when I was wearing a pair of unpadded Answer MX gloves.
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Apsley, Ontario, Canada

mtbr member

Specialized

Has Body Geometry gloves, which have gel padding on the palm and also ulnar gel padding..
    I just bought a Body geometry saddle and its the most comfortable saddle I've ever used, next is the gloves and grips.

Jan 2005

Got the Spec. Fortress gloves...

Very comfortable with padding everywhere....but too hot in warm weather. I think I'll try out the Enduro and see if there's enough "vents" in there to make it warm weather friendly.

FM
    mtbr member
    Go with the specialized body geometry!

I haver a pair thats over a year old, they are falling apart but they've been great.

Prior to that, I went through 3 pairs of pearl izumis in 6 weeks. The padding would rip off the palms in minor crashes.

I don't see why MFG's don't put more padding in the palms, especially fox. To me that's teh whole point of wearing gloves, keeping the skin on my hands.

Custom User Title
    May 2005
    If you can check out the new Pearl izumi Gel Vent Pro, I picked up a pair and really like them, much tougher that the other full finger glove they have.

http://www.pearlizumi.com/product.ph...color_code=054

Apr 2006
    I have had great luck with mechanic style impact gloves, worth a shot

Members who have read this thread: 0