Full Finger Gloves??? Can anyone recommend a "cool" pair?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

New question here. Full Finger Gloves??? Can anyone recommend a "cool" pair?

I'm looking for a pair of full finger gloves that won't make my hands sweat and all pruney?

May 2004
    I had an old pair of Fox Sidewinders from 02-03....that model, those were great. Lasted me 2 years of hard riding.....now I have raceface. Comfier, but the RF ones arent lasting nearly as long.....and are WAY hotter.

Get your freak on!
    Dec 2003
    Theres plenty.
    Fox has their XC gloves, Giant bicyles. I personally like the TLD(troy lee desgins) XC glove, and my newest gloves are the new Pearl Izumi Gel lites, pricey but very light!
    Usually, the gloves with not much padding nor much in the way of decorations or 'protection' are going to be the best for ventilation....
    I'd say look into the PI gloves, if they cost to much then go with the Fox xc gloves(not sure what they are called).

Jan 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm Hey RNH

RNH full fingered gloves are beefy and well ventilated, they last a super long time, every guy I work with uses them,

Good Hunting

NRS WHAT

Trail rider and racer
    Oakley make beefy gloves too. I suppose they look cool.
    Trev!

TR
    Angry bunny
    PI Gel Lite or Troy Lee Designs XC gloves.
    I have a pair of each that I alternate.
    Nice and cool on my hands in sunny, hot Queensland Australia.

Jan 2004
    Rocket Parts go fast gloves. Did I get that right?

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I'm a big fan of the Fox Sidewinders. They're durable, plus they don't make your hands hot and sweaty.

Slowpoke
    Fox Incline are also good gloves. No rubber pieces sewn onto them so they're well ventilated.

mtbr member
    I ride with a pair of Fox Dirtpaw's. Great protection, and great ventilation.
    You in Oklahoma City? If yes, come ride with us.

Do It Yourself
    I ride the Specialized Ridge Long. They are pretty basic with mesh back and Clarino palms. It's about as good as it's going to get. They are about $20 at your local Special Ed dealer.
    Long Live Long Rides

Who are the brain police?
    Gloves with wrist support? Does anyone make something like this?
    The Who - Glittering Girl
    Ween - The Grobe
    Yellowman - Strong Me Strong
    all your base are belong to us

mtbr member

garneau

louis garneau ergo air gloves are the best i have used. i have had them for 3 years of hard use (both road and mt the last year) and it took a hard road crash to rip one of the palms open. my wife sowed them and now they are running strong again. performance carries them and if mine ever die, i will buy another pair
    The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' --Ronald Reagan

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by mtbykr
    louis garneau ergo air gloves are the best i have used. i have had them for 3 years of hard use (both road and mt the last year) and it took a hard road crash to rip one of the palms open. my wife sowed them and now they are running strong again. performance carries them and if mine ever die, i will buy another pair
    Even though the LG gloves have been very comfortable and cool, I haven't had any luck with durability.

My first pair lasted about 1 year. Not that good if you consider that I have quite a few pairs of gloves and wore the LG's about once per week.

I recently bought another pair. The palm seperated from the wrist after 2 rides. That's pretty crummy for $40 gloves.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Troy Lee Designs XC gloves. I swear by them and have converted all of my friends. They are light, offer good protection (believe me, I've used it!), cool, excellent bar/lever feel, etc. These are the best gloves I've come across. You can get them at JensonUSA for usually under $20. Give'em a try!

Gabe

Jm.

Jan 2004
    Any full fingered glove is going to be hot, but the benefits outweight the negatives. I use them whatever the temp, up to and past 100°

Motorcross gloves are pretty much identical to most "mountain bike" gloves and can be had quite cheaper, and many times they last better.

I can't ride 45!
    Race Face Flow or Fox Incline -- both are cool and do the job.

XCdude

Since I come from motorcycles, I use lots of

Quote Originally Posted by XCBob
    I'm looking for a pair of full finger gloves that won't make my hands sweat and all pruney?
    motorcycle stuff. For gloves I like shift and thor, they all offer 3 different price points so you have to pick a price but I think they both make great gloves that cost less than 20.00 .
    Short bucket list.
    Cape Epic
    Pioneer Epic
    Swiss Epic

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Motorcycle Shop

I got tired of paying $20-30 for long fingered bike gloves at a bike shop. You can get equivalent gloves for a lot less at a motorcycle shop, at least around here. I don't know the model names of the gloves I've been wearing, but MSR, Thor, Answer and O'Neal all make great lightweight gloves, as well as heavier ones for colder weather.

Look in BMX shops, too.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Fox Incline is very light but too thin the padding, as I have laid my palms on cactus one time, I trust Troy Lee Design XC the best for the adequate padding and good ventilation, when I go to rougher trail, I use 661 MTX which is a beefier but amazingly breathable gloves. I think all depends on your comfort level of protection and padding thickness.

mtbr member

gloves

Hi, my name is Matt and I have a problem...I ...I ...bought a pair of Trek gloves and really like them. Wow that felt good to get that off my chest.

zeebot
    Quote Originally Posted by Locoman
    Gloves with wrist support? Does anyone make something like this?
    Fox makes some that worked well for me when both my wrists were sprained. they have leather wrap arounds that really make the wrist stationary and keep it from flexing backwards during heavy hits or endos.

they are the model called 'static wrist guard'

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Like others, I've used Pearl Izumi gel lite full finger gloves for years with great success. I used to be sponsored by them, and while I find their current stuff waaay overpriced and rather poser-ish, their gloves are decent. That said, I have blown out two pair but only cuz I used them on my CRF450; that's how comfy and light they are for a summer-type glove.

Hands don't burn up, and palms stay dry. But like many, I take them off and put them in the jersey pocket for extended climbs (talking 20 minutes or more) on hot days.

I have never gotten used to the idea of wearing short gloves on a mtb no matter the temp.

I think you can find TLD gloves on closeout in many places. Maybe Jensonusa??

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Mike, maybe we can find a support group for you

Quote Originally Posted by LititzDude
    Hi, my name is Matt and I have a problem...I ...I ...bought a pair of Trek gloves and really like them. Wow that felt good to get that off my chest.
    Mike, maybe we can find a support group for you and others like you. lol

ballbuster

I had those....

Quote Originally Posted by bike_freak
    Theres plenty.
    Fox has their XC gloves, Giant bicyles. I personally like the TLD(troy lee desgins) XC glove, and my newest gloves are the new Pearl Izumi Gel lites, pricey but very light!
    Usually, the gloves with not much padding nor much in the way of decorations or 'protection' are going to be the best for ventilation....
    I'd say look into the PI gloves, if they cost to much then go with the Fox xc gloves(not sure what they are called).
    ...the PI Gel Lites wore out on me in like 3 months. Too bad, they were comfy, but I would not recommed them for the price. I got some Louis Gargiano (or whatever) full fingers... same thing. Stitching gave way in a couple of months. Performace bike swapped out 3 pair in 4 months. No crashing or anything on either set.

I got some Fox inclines, which have been great so far. They are only 3 months old, but still look pretty new, apart from the dirt.