Full Finger Gloves?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2008

Full Finger Gloves?

Do most endurance racers use full finger gloves? What are the benefits over regular gloves?

Expert Crasher
    Full finger gloves are regular gloves. The gloves where they cut the fingers off - those are the modified ones

Full finger is all I use, something light/minimal like the Fox Incline. No padding.....I like the protection for my fingers and the cutoffs just feel weird to me.
    Happiness depends more on the inward disposition of mind than on outward circumstances. Benjamin Franklin

mtbr member

Full Finger For Me

I prefer the full finger. I have large hands and I've tried the cut-off style several times over the years. They always seem to bunch and pinch between my fingers and that is extremely irritating. Gets worse on longer rides.

I currently have 2 pair from Cannondale and I really enjoy them. Full finger, minimal padding. They don't bunch up and they hold their shape well. They stay cool even on hot days, and lastly, the few times I've hit dirt or pavement with them, they protect your fingers nicely. Ultimately it's your preference, but if you are on the fence pop for a pair of full finger gloves- I'm sure you'll like them.

mtbr member
    I just like the extra protection for when I fall off my bike

Really though, I use the Specialized body geometry gel long fingered gloves anytime I'm on my mountain bike and I like them. It's just a personal preference. You will probably see a mix out there.

Team Awesome
    Full finger - no padding + Ergons. Makes for happy hands. I prefer the full fingered gloves for when I eat it.

Squalor
    Jan 2004
    I alternate between full finger or none. If course is lots of fireroad; I may not wear gloves. If lots of singletrack; full finger.

I save the half finger for the road.

LP

mtbr member
    I have worn nothing but full-fingered gloves while riding for 10 years. I prefer the type with a little bit of rubber on the end of the index finger for more secure braking.
    Vecsus

HTFU or STFU

Members who have read this thread: 0