Full Face Helmets for Giant Heads- Mtbr.com
    JMH
    Sugary Exoskeleton

Full Face Helmets for Giant Heads

I am looking at getting a full-face helmet, but I can't buy helmets sight-unseen because my head is big enough that many companies don't make helmets that fit... 24" around at the widest spot.

Anyone else have a giant mellon? Can you recommend a helmet? Help a brotha out?

Thanks in advance,

JMH

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

Specialized XL

I've tried on just about every mb dh helemt and the only one that fit my huge head was the XL 04 Specialized. Mine is black and silver. Sorry, but I threw out the box and can't find the model name/number on the helmet.

I had to use a MX helmet before I ran across the Specialized.

mtbr member
    My head is about the same size and I've got Uvex DH L ! I tried XL but I think it would be a bit too loose.
    Passion beyond reason!

mtbr member
    I have a big head, but thought 24" sounded huge. I just measured mine, and it's 24" exactly. I have a Vigor Vamoose II Carbon (XL) and it fits great. It's light too!
    Ninjas are awesome

Bike to the Bone...
    I've been playing with the idea of a full face, but the only ones in Mexico are usually small (or medium if I'm lucky )

pwn3rator
    older bells are pretty big...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Disco-Superfly
    24" sounds wicked huge...
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Freeriding Feline

There's an XL 661 Full Bravo Carbon (new) in the classifieds. Just went up today or yesterday so check recently posted ads. Not mine though so I can't tell you much more about it.
    "If you give up your dream, you die."
    Twitter - KIKat1029

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JMH
    I am looking at getting a full-face helmet, but I can't buy helmets sight-unseen because my head is big enough that many companies don't make helmets that fit... 24" around at the widest spot.

Anyone else have a giant mellon? Can you recommend a helmet? Help a brotha out?

Thanks in advance,

JMH
    250+lb riding buddy of mine got a Troy Lee full-face this year, said it was one of the biggest he could find, but I don't know the exact size or specifics. Worth a look maybe.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    As previously mentioned, the Vigor Vamoose II has a big-size XL, and Troy Lee Designs has big bike helmets and even bigger moto helmets. I ran the Vamoose II two years ago, and am now running an XL Troy Lee moto helmet (they also make a XXL, which is ultra-huge).

You might be able to get a place like Go-Ride.com to sell you a couple different helmets and return the ones that don't fit (they carry both the Vigors and TLDs). Or check local moto shops for the TLD moto helmet -- awesome helmet, lighter than most MTB helmets.

Members who have read this thread: 0