full face helmet - simple/white- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2012

full face helmet - simple/white

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good full-face helmet for DH that is simple in appearance? I don't like all the graphics/design on most of these helmets... I like the Fox Rampage in all black -- it's the simplest I've found. But, is there anything simple in white?

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    bell ballistic helmets are pretty simple
    bell Sanction are plain as they get, and the bell Drop, their also the cheapest if you looking to save money.
    links to the bell helmets
    Bell Sanction Full Face Helmet at Price Point
    Bell Drop Full Face Helmet at Price Point

if money isnt a issue, then Giro, lazer, troy lees, RockGardn, and 661 are some brands that have pretty simple helmets. The 661 helmet thats in the last link, has a design but to me its just clean and still looks simple IMO
    links to different helmets
    Giro Remedy Helmet 2011 at Price Point
    Lazer Excalibur Helmet | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com
    RockGardn Pearl DH/FR Helmet 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com
    Troy Lee Designs D2 Composite - Midnight Black 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com
    661 Comp Shifted 2012 | Buy Online | ChainReactionCycles.com

of course there are plenty more, Chainreactioncycle.com, Pricepoint.com, Cambriabike.com, and if you dont mind a used helmet, Pinkbike.com could have some of the higher end helmets in the buy/sell section for a good price.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    Awesome, thanks Edirty. Hadn't seen those Bells yet. They look perfect. Like that Rockgardn Pearl too.
    thanks man.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    and if you have extra money and must have white, there is the POC Flow helmet
    Wheels / Helmets - POC Sports - POC Sports

Cycle Progression should have some 661 helmets, FWIW, since you are local, but it is very hard to find FF helmets here in ATX.

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    I recently picked up a POC Flow. Great helmet. I really like the huge field of view it has and open feeling in the chin. Feels much easier to breathe in it when you are pedalling hard.

Ninja Master Powers
    White with pretty basic graphics… light weight and pretty comfortable …

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    POC POC POC. Real simple and clean looking. Plus like Shirk said, great field of view and open chin feeling. Better than any other I've tried on and why I happily parted with my hard-earned bills on one. The protection is great as well. Saved my jaw from getting all busted up earlier this year. Took a wicked spill and broke my fall on a log. Bounced right off. The sizing seems to be slightly large on POC gear, at least with the FF, dirt lid, and knee pads I've gotten. Being able to buy from a store and try it on would be ideal but if you have to get it online like I did, go with the smaller size if you're right on the edge or 2 sizes. you get 2 sets of cheek pads, one thick one thinner. And after a few rides the pads break in and the fit gets a little more generous

Yes, that's fonetic
    Giro Remedy, especially if you have a largish melon (like mine). The POC is nice too, but spendy.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Yes, that's fonetic
    Quote Originally Posted by induction View Post
    Those were on Chainlove this morning and it was hard not to spring for one ($137!). If I didn't have a fairly new Carbon Remedy there would be a POC on the way.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by whodaphuck View Post
    Those were on this morning and it was hard not to spring for one ($137!). If I didn't have a fairly new Carbon Remedy there would be a POC on the way.
    No way ...

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    check out the 661 comp shifted II, it is a really solid helmet, and i have been riding it this season. I have enjoyed it so far, and it breathes very well for a full face.

Vitamin Bike Added
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven92 View Post
    check out the 661 comp shifted II, it is a really solid helmet, and i have been riding it this season. I have enjoyed it so far, and it breathes very well for a full face.
    Keep the rubber side down

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    I'm gonna buy the 661 comp shift II. Looks like a great price and I'm glad you two are vouching for it.

Members who have read this thread: 0