Full face helmet help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Dec 2007

Full face helmet help

I'm looking into getting my first full face helmet, so that i have adequate protection so i can ride more rougher trails. I probably wont be riding at these places as often because they're all a long drive away, so i don't want to spend a great deal on the helmet. In my search however, i have found a nice helmet i really like, for a decent price too...

It's the SixSixOne Comp II which i think only came out recently. (Here's another picture of it). Because it came out recently though, it's hard to find any feedback on it. It's predecessor has pretty good reviews, but i don't know how well this can reflect the reliability of this helmet. Can anyone comment or advise me on this helmet?

mtbr member
    Think you're going to be a little hard pressed to get reviews on this helmet. Not yet, at least. It's just too new. It looks like it would be an awesome budget helmet, though. I have been eyeing it since Sicklines.com did a little feature on it a couple months back.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Yeah i saw that article they did, rather brief though. I really like the idea of the removable inner lining, and the ventilation looks better than its predecessor.

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    It's worth a look at the Giro Remedy aswell.

mtbr member
    The Rockgardn warbird helmet is on sale at jenson 79.99. I just picked one up as I thought it would be better to have a DOT approved helmet for my DH riding

Glad to Be Alive
    661 makes good stuff I say go for it
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Now with More Wood
    I've been rocking a 661 Pro Bravo for 2 seasons. Sort of a predecessor to today's Comp, I guess you could say. I've been very impressed with it, save for the visor bolts coming loose every now and then. Other than that, comfortable, washable liner, looks great, and it WORKS (I've tried... ).

So yeah, good things to say about 661.

PS. Actually, you can even still find that 07 Pro Bravo online:

http://greenfishsports.com/product/4...hill-2007.html

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    The shipping is a bit expensive from greenfish, but i think i'll go with the Comp II. Thanks everyone.

mtbr member
    Have you checked Jensonusa.com? The shipping to my country is pretty damned cheap. USD16.50 to ship the Comp II to me, here in Singapore.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by juanbeegas
    Have you checked Jensonusa.com? The shipping to my country is pretty damned cheap. USD16.50 to ship the Comp II to me, here in Singapore.
    Yeah, that's where i'm planning on getting the Comp II. Pretty decent price there.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by juanbeegas

Are you sure about that shipping price? Jenson is requesting $22.50US for shipping it to Vancouver Canada?

Both the comp and the remedy can be found on fleabay as well

mtbr member
    I have a comp II and it is a decent helmet. Won't use it on gnarly DH's though. It has great ventilation and a snug fit but it is a bit thin and flimsy. Great for slower, " casual" downhills. It saved me in a header about a month ago, but the mouth guard is close and still managed to chip a tooth and broke the visor but the helmet is just scraped a bit. I use the Flight II hybrid for the gnar. Much more faith in that one.

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny No.5
    I have a comp II and it is a decent helmet. Won't use it on gnarly DH's though. It has great ventilation and a snug fit but it is a bit thin and flimsy. Great for slower, " casual" downhills. It saved me in a header about a month ago, but the mouth guard is close and still managed to chip a tooth and broke the visor but the helmet is just scraped a bit. I use the Flight II hybrid for the gnar. Much more faith in that one.
    Cool. Yeah i don't think i will be going to many downhill trails often (since there's hardly any around and the closest ones are hours away to drive) so i just like to have one for the occasional trip. Would you be able to share some pictures of your helmet? Just like to see some non 'product images' of the helmet.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    Are you sure about that shipping price? Jenson is requesting $22.50US for shipping it to Vancouver Canada?

Both the comp and the remedy can be found on fleabay as well
    That's what it says when I use their shipping calculator... Unless they'll charge something else once I go to check out...

Members who have read this thread: 0