Full face helmet fit

Printable View

• 04-10-2008
    Karve
    Full face helmet fit
    Hi all :)

Just bought a new full face and wondering how people feel about the fit of theirs. I feel I might have to go up a size as although I can get it on my head it is super close around the brow area. Does it need to be that tight to stop it jiggling about on downhills.. or should I look to a larger size for more comfort but possibley a bit more wobble lol :)

Any advice would be much appreciated.
  • 04-10-2008
    be350ka
    You want the fit to be snug. If you grab the helmet and move it around you should feel the skin on your head moving, NOT the helmet. Any "play" in the fit is not really the best thing to have. One thing to remember is that your helmet will "loosen" up a bit after some use. I had the same issue with mine and it seems that the padding is compressing some to help the fit.

Give it some time.
  • 04-10-2008
    mark03
    Im in the same position as you. I just bought a medium deviant helmet, and i feel like its kindof tight along my hairline and in the back; Its like trying to fit a square into a circle. I have a 23" head and i could fit into a medium or large, but I bought the medium thinking the large might shake aroudn too much. I think i might order a large too and send one of them back.

Try pulling the face part of the mask down a little, and putting your forehead higher up in the helmet. Mine fits a lot better that way. And the thing about it fiting better over time has some truth to it aswell.

It would be nice if you could make a plaster mold of your head and have them make one that fits like a glove.
  • 04-10-2008
    XSL_WiLL
    I've got a 23" head - wear a L/XL hat (7 5/8 I think?), ended up ordering a large Deviant. It's a little too loose. My then-manager was a jerk... wouldn't let me send it back and order another... pretty sure he charged me above cost too...
  • 04-10-2008
    Bryguy17
    i just got a giro remedy and got the large. Its not overly snug, but its not overly loose either. I CAN move it slightly, but nothing noticeable when riding. all is good
  • 04-10-2008
    bugsdad
    What timing...I was going to ask this same question....
    Just got my Rockgardn Blacklite today....large...and it feels really tight. Headache tight. It goes on and would be doable, but I think I'm gonna send it back and get the xl. I don't want it to hurt when I'm riding......
  • 04-11-2008
    combatkimura
    I had to send back a Large 661 Charger because it was smashing the dookie out of my forehead. That was the only spot that was uncomfortable. Luckily I was able to pick up the insanely steezy 661 Flight in an XL for about 50% off and it fits great, still snug enough to keep the helmet from moving around.