full face helmet fit- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    May 2004

full face helmet fit

I just picked up an Azonic Fury helmet in XL. It fits pretty snug, to the point of sort of squeezing my jaw. How tight should i want my new lid? They head fits fine, its just the face thats tight. Also, how much does the foam pack in generally speaking? Anyone have azonic experience?

i drink shower water
    i have an azonic t55 and it fits perfect. sorry i know that doesnt help much..
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    You want it to be as snug as possible without being uncomfortable, if that makes any sense. Have you ridden with it yet?

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    It should be snug enough that it doesn't rattle around on your head in the rough stuff but if it hurts when you are just wearing it...well, maybe it's the wrong size cause it's not going to get any more comfortable when you start riding.

mtbr member
    Once you start to sweat the foam will pack down significantly.
    Get over it!

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lebikerboy
    Once you start to sweat the foam will pack down significantly.
    dude, it's not a pair of Levis. He said his jaw is being squeezed. You're not going to sweat enough on your jaw in a full-face helmet to make the jaw fit any better.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    thanks for all the help...i think it might just be the style of the helmet...hmm that is why you always try something on before internet buys!!! Ehh, ill try it, if it hurts ill just craigslist it..only cost $60.......

mtbr member
    Well, you're name fits. I'm sure he's talking about the cheek area which does contain foam.
    Get over it!

mtbr member

Same here

Quote Originally Posted by nufenstein
    I just picked up an Azonic Fury helmet in XL. It fits pretty snug, to the point of sort of squeezing my jaw. How tight should i want my new lid? They head fits fine, its just the face thats tight. Also, how much does the foam pack in generally speaking? Anyone have azonic experience?
    I got the medium, and it's great everywhere but the jaw... Just like you're getting, my jaw feels like it's being squeezed...

Maybe it's just designed for chinless wonders?

Nice lid other than that

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Well, you're name fits. I'm sure he's talking about the cheek area which does contain foam.
    Your original statement is ridicules. Why would helmet manufacturers make helmets out of styrofoam that was designed to "conform" to your head when you sweat? The (styro)foam is there to protect your head in a crash dumbass.

mtbr member
    The foam padding on top of the syrofoam is made to conform to your head and face. It will pack down slightly.
    Get over it!

Jul 2006
    I was looking at getting a FF helmet (Giro Remedy or Azonic Fury) and I just decided to get the Remedy based on this less than comforting review of the Fury. Thanks for review.

Glad to Be Alive
    sounds a little tight
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    The foam padding on top of the syrofoam is made to conform to your head and face. It will pack down slightly.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by trail trekker
    I was looking at getting a FF helmet (Giro Remedy or Azonic Fury) and I just decided to get the Remedy based on this less than comforting review of the Fury. Thanks for review.
    Get the Remedy, it rocks

mtbr member
    May 2004
    anyone have experience with 661 full face lids? I might be picking up the Carbon Full Bravo in a sz L.....do they fit like giros? or small ass azonics?

Ricky DH
    Nufenstein,

I also wear an XL in helmets to protect my giant cranium.

I ran a 661 XL that fit awesome all around, even in the cheek and jaw area. After a few years I bought a Fox Rampage that fits tight in the jaw but fine everywhere else. It is kinda anoying if you are not riding, say sitting on the cair lift, but once you start riding you don't notice it any more. It stays put, not rattling or moving around at all. Basically you get used to the tight fit after a while especially when you are concentrating on a rock garden or super fast section.

If you are wearing a XL in the Azonic, I imgagine you'll need an XL in the 661 as well. Best thing is to find a shop that carries that make of helmet and try it on first before you buy one on-line and then have to send it back because it's too tight.

Jul 2005
    anyone have experience with 661 full face lids? I might be picking up the Carbon Full Bravo in a sz L.....do they fit like giros? or small ass azonics?

I have a 661 full face...can't remember what model (you can tell its been a while since I've gotten to ride ) but it fits very nicely and is super comfortable.

And, it held up nicely when i went full speed into a tree trunk as well.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    right on guys..thanks for the tips...cheers to have having x-large domes

= dirt torpedo =
    Oct 2005
    i have the 661 full Bravo.. the XL fits nicely, was a little snug at first, but after several rides of sweating into it the inner padding conformed to my head a little better, and it fits like a glove now (to clear up the retarded debate in above posts. your fullface inner padding WILL give a little bit after you wear it and sweat into it for several rides).. i'll wear it all day at the DJs without significant discomfort.

One thing about the Bravos, the mouth guard placement is a little close to the face. Some people like that, and while i don't mind it at all, it does make drinking from your camelbak a little awkward.

Members who have read this thread: 0