Full face helmet choice- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Idea! Full face helmet choice

hi all, i am trying to choose between 2 helmets, that are both six six one. The Hurricane flight youth and the launch youth. which one? I dont know wich is heavier which is the main thing Im concerned about. I know that full faces are hot but I also want to know wich is cooler because I live in Georgia and its hot as hell down here in the summer. Also should i even get the youth? I am 14 years old. Your help is greatly apreciated. thaks.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by MTB-AHOLIC
    hi all, i am trying to choose between 2 helmets, that are both six six one. The Hurricane flight youth and the launch youth. which one? I dont know wich is heavier which is the main thing Im concerned about. I know that full faces are hot but I also want to know wich is cooler because I live in Georgia and its hot as hell down here in the summer. Also should i even get the youth? I am 14 years old. Your help is greatly apreciated. thaks.
    Depending on the size of your head you may need a adult helmet. As for cooling looks like the 06 Pro Bravo helmet has the best venting.

Bike Hustler
    I would'nt worry too much about a how hot full faces get. Once you sweat in them for a couple minutes the air through the vents actually keep you cooler than you'd expect when your flying downhill.
    If you've got the cash go for the Troy lee D2 in matt olive drab.
    The new Azonic FF looks sweet too. its featured on they're site and is a nice price too.
    SHAM-WOW

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    You must try them on. Every helmet fits differently.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Depending on the size of your head you may need a adult helmet. As for cooling looks like the 06 Pro Bravo helmet has the best venting.

Full Bravos...no problem...i rode XC in Georgia (Olympic horsetrails) in one this last August...wasn't bad at all

I ride the Carbon fiber one
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Aug 2005
    look at the specialized deviant. very light and tons of vents. it keeps me kool when it is hot out.

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by MtN BkR90
    look at the specialized deviant. very light and tons of vents. it keeps me kool when it is hot out.
    I ride a Deviant and like it. I can use it for basically everything. The difference between the Hurricane Flight versus all your other helmet choices is that its a Moto Helmet so it is Dot/Snell approved. Although it appears to have some decent intake near the mouth, there are no vents to just let your head cool off...

Search around and see what you really need in a helmet. If you really need that extra protection, go for a Moto Helmet. Need extra cooling and you aren't pushing the limits? Deviant would work good too.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

mtbr member

only choices

These are my only choices, because im not buying it, mygrand mother is. And the Brovo is sold out untill Febuary and this is a Christmas present (oh my bad "holiday" present.) so ... which one.

Glad to Be Alive
    might want to look at the comps

http://www.sixsixone.com/catalog.asp...f8543e&pl=BIKE

boy they changed the design for o6 on the cabons
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Absurd
    Every helmet will fit slightly differently, If you dont have a chance to try one on before buying it, make sure to check the mfgrs. sizing charts, and follow them!! I don't want to sound like a total whore here but so far I'm loving my Vigor Vamoose II carbon...you may want to check them out.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    You must try them on. Every helmet fits differently.
    So true. My 661 Full Bravo fit nice when I pulled it out of the box, but after the padding conformed to my face and broke-in a little, it fit's too loose. I ordered mine online and already had it out on a couple of rides before the looseness showed up, so now I'm stuck with it.
    Remember, "We're not here for a long time, we're here for a good time".-D.Ritchie

Super Fly
    Im riding the TLD D2 Carbon. Dont even know its there.

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    shouldent it be like... the helmet rides me??

idk

but i want to get the 2006 661 launch

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MVRIDER
    Every helmet will fit slightly differently, If you dont have a chance to try one on before buying it, make sure to check the mfgrs. sizing charts, and follow them!! I don't want to sound like a total whore here but so far I'm loving my Vigor Vamoose II carbon...you may want to check them out.
    I second the vamoose II, light, breaths well and they have a bunch of sizes to choose from rather than just sm, med and large. Good for the between sizes head.

mtbr member

niice...

NICE the Vamoose 2 is the way two go its afordable, light, it's also much cooler looking. in fact there pretty sick! they will match a whole lot better with my bike....

thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0