Full face enduro helmet shootout thread (non-removable chin guards)- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2013

Idea! Full face enduro helmet shootout thread (non-removable chin guards)

100% Trajecta
    Fox Proframe
    Leatt DBX 4.0
    TLD Stage

As of today, these are the best available full face enduro-style lids that: are under 900 grams, have ASTM F1952 DH certification, have a rotational impact protection system (like MIPS), and don't have a removable chin guard.

Which one do you have and why did you choose it?

mtbr member
    Proframe, fitted my head and I found I good feel online.
    Is reasonably cool and light. No problems so far.

Nat
    mtbr member
    I have the TLD Stage. It fits me well, has a movable visor, and looks sweet.

I used to have a Proframe until I bounced my head off a rock in Whistler. It fit me well and had great ventilation but the exposed MIPS liner cut into my forehead.

aka bOb
    I'm really interested in opinions/reviews on the new 100% Trajecta.

Like a BOSS
    Quote Originally Posted by bdundee View Post
    I'm really interested in opinions/reviews on the new 100% Trajecta.
    Same here! I love my 100% Aircraft for DH and have a new ProFrame for singletrack, but am also waiting to hear opinions/reviews on the Trajecta.
    Adam Christopher
    Strava
    Instagram
    YouTube

mtbr member
    I tried on both the Fox ProFrame and the TLD Stage. I loved the color of the Fox, but the TLD was a much better fit for my head. YMMV!

mtbr member
    May 2019
    I also liked Foxs colors better but the TLD just felt more comfortable and the movable visor is nice as it barely allows for goggles to fit underneath it. Plus its lighter( if you care about that)

mtbr member
    Where can you buy the Trajecta?? Sold out everywhere... GAAAH!

Robertson
    I've had/have the following helmets in this category over the past few years:

MET Parachute
    Bell Super 2R
    Bell Super 3R
    Giro Switchblade
    Bell Super DH
    Fox Proframe

Also a Giro disciple (regular DH full face). Thoughts on each:

MET Parachute: very comfortable, light weight, very goofy looking. Poor chin/jaw coverage, still got face rash when crashing with it twice before I totaled it.

Bell Super 2R: loved the removable chinbar, great helmet. Needed to pull these plastic pads out of the inside to make it fit. No huge crashes, wanted a more secure feeling helmet for Enduro racing so got a:

Giro Switchblade: this helmet sucked. Very uncomfortable to get on, heavy, hot. Took a digger wearing it at a bike park and the chin bar came off (on review the plastic clips on the upper shell where the metal arms of the chinbar clip into bent and broke) allowing my face to drag on the ground and get some good rash. Guess it saved me from a broken jaw though. My least favorite of all those I've tried.

Bell Super 3R: got after my foray with the Giro. No huge difference from the 2R. Good helmet overall, got dinged up from low hanging branches, etc. over a year of ownership so replaced it with the:

Bell Super DH: noticeably larger and slightly heavier than my 2R/3R. Much more secure feeling with the chinbar on but also rather uncomfortable. Chin bar noticeably more difficult to attach than with the 2R/3R. Use this mostly for my halfshell now but still bring the chinbar along if doing a big climb/big descent type ride. But uncomfortable to wear in full face mode for prolonged periods so got the:

Fox Proframe: favorite of the enduro/light full face helmets so far. Honestly I notice very little difference in ventilation compared to the Super DH in halfshell mode, and it's loads lighter/more comfortable/better ventilated than the Super DH in full face mode. Not as secure feeling overall as the Super DH, so I use my Giro true full face for bike parks or more gnarly enduro races.

Hope this helps. For what it's worth all helmets have done a good job saving my noggin when crashing in them.

DOOM
    I have a couple of cents to pitch in on MET Parachute and Leatt DBX 3.0 that might be helpful.

Parachute
    good helmet, replaced a Smith something or other - the one with the drinking straw looking dudes in it - first full face, pretty light, ventilation is good (I have a shaved head so factor that in). Wish it had a Fidlock type deal, no MIPS or rotational technology when I had it, spare parts tend to come from Europe so a lag there.

Compared to the DBX the Parachute doesn't have as good of a moisture wicking setup which is what pushed me off that helmet and not having anything extra in terms of safety technology was also part of that since you only get one brain/face/head.

DBX 3.0
    replaced the Parachute with this helmet.

DBX 3 has a removable chin bar which I never use. Fidlock, light, comfortable, has rotational technology which offers some significant differences over other brands if you believe what they are saying (and I think Leatt does have some good ideas here and I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they partner or trade technology with Kali who also has some interesting and cool ideas)

When my DBX 3 gives up the ghost I will be going up to DBX 4 or whatever is current at the time.

Much better moisture control to keep crap from running down in to my eyes over the gel pad in the Parachute.

Random notes
    Head is 7.75 in a fitted hat so I'm in the 59-63 cm size group for both.

I have had Bell helmets before and they don't fit my egg shaped dome as well as other brands.

mtbr member
    Sep 2016
    I have a proframe - Tried on another guys and it fit perfect, so I bought one. I had no idea such a helmet existed before then. I've had no issue with the MIPS liner, though I usually use a sweatbuster with it and take out the front pad (as I do with my half-shell). Comfortable to wear all day, and easy to wear with sunglasses. Much lighter and cooler than my IXS Xult which I unfortunately bought shortly before finding the proframe.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I just got the Trajecta..
    It looks awesome but unfortunately the cheek pads were too tight for me..100% were great and they are sending me out thinner cheek and neck pads, along with a thinner liner...
    Will write more after I get to wear it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Full face enduro helmet shootout thread (non-removable chin guards)-dsc05812.jpg  

Full face enduro helmet shootout thread (non-removable chin guards)-dsc05815.jpg  

Full face enduro helmet shootout thread (non-removable chin guards)-dsc05817.jpg  

Full face enduro helmet shootout thread (non-removable chin guards)-dsc05818.jpg  

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by _rich_ View Post
    It looks awesome but unfortunately the cheek pads were too tight for me..100% were great and they are sending me out thinner cheek and neck pads, along with a thinner liner...
    What helmet and size did you have before? I've never had 100% so I don't know if I should size up or down.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I wear an XL on my TLD D3 and a Large on my MET.
    My head is 23 1/4 so according to the 100% website I am on the small side of a LARGE, so I was hoping I'd be fine.
    Everyone's heads are different so it's really whatever helmet fits your head best.
    On the Trajecta the XL and L share the same shell so I'm pretty sure the pads are gonna make it fit. My friend who wears a smaller helmet than I do tried my Trajecta on and it was also tight in the cheeks for him too..Here is 100% Trajecta sizing chart

S 21 5/8 - 22 55 - 56 12 mm
    M 22 1/2 - 22 7/8 57 - 58 12 mm
    L 23 1/4 - 23 5/8 59 - 60 14 mm
    XL 24 - 24 3/8 61 - 62 14 mm

aka bOb
    I just ordered a medium Trajecta going off of their chart and I'me guessing now it's going to be a little small

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I thought the trajecta comes with an extra pair of pads?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by aenduro View Post
    I thought the trajecta comes with an extra pair of pads?
    It does.
    The pads in the picture are the smaller set than comes with the Large.
    The cheek pads are 32mm wide(the other set is 35mm)
    and the rear neck pad is the thinner 16mm pad and the other neck pad is 20mm..

it also came with an extra liner size but to be honest it was very similar to the size already in helmet, and I actually couldnt even tell the difference..I just put in what appeared to be the thinnest liner..

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Looks like few more companies joining the Enduro\light FF helmet game -
    Endura MT500 (645g) and IXS Trigger FF (595g).

mtbr member
    May 2013
    I initially wanted the endura mt500, since they presented the helmet last year. But they deliver it for months so I got a 100% trajecta- had only one day in bikepark with it but very happy so far.

mtbr member
    I just bought a trigger. I wanted a stage, but I couldn't get it to fit my head. I guess my head is shaped like a football, because to get the right width, I end up with the chin bar way too close to my face.

I tried on the following:
    Proframe - Decent fit, but chinbar too close to my face.
    Stage - Same as above, but worse, Couldn't get it to a point where the helmet wouldn't move around.
    Super DH - Fit well, i was annoyed by how the helmet would shake and shift around when jiggling my head. I get overly annoyed by helmets that move around in rock gardens etc.
    IXS Trigger - Best fit, best room in the chinbar area. Bummed it doesn't have mips tbh, but it's insanely light.

Overall, I wish that the proframe and the stage had a ratchet rear adjustment system.

aka bOb
    Quote Originally Posted by aenduro View Post
    I initially wanted the endura mt500, since they presented the helmet last year. But they deliver it for months so I got a 100% trajecta- had only one day in bikepark with it but very happy so far.
    Yeah I've been using the Trajecta for about a month now and extremely pleased with it!!

mtbr member
    Im L on Bell DH helmet which fit great, can someone has BELL helmet and this to check the L will also fit on Trajecta?.
    SC Megatower, SC Hightower LT(sold) , SC Tallboy 3(sold), Scott Genius, Commencal Meta HT

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by regiobike View Post
    Im L on Bell DH helmet which fit great, can someone has BELL helmet and this to check the L will also fit on Trajecta?.

I can't help with a Bell comparison but I can say this, the Trajecta is not great for people with big heads.
    I wear a XL TLD D3 , a Large Met parachute, and I bought a Large Trajecta. I also had a XL TLD Stage which was MUCH roomier than the trajecta.

When it arrived it was very tight especially the cheek pads. It came with 32mm and 35mm cheek pads and I believe 16mm and 20mm neck pads.
    I was going to send it back for a XL because it was tight but 100% informed me the L and XL share the same shell(only the pads are different) and they sent me the pads for the XL.
    The XL cheek pads are 20mm and 25mm thick but the rest of the other pads(the liner and neck pads) are identical thickness as the Large. I installed the 20mm cheek pads and it was still slightly tight
    i ended up cutting the back of my 20mm spare neck pad just enough to remove the foam from inside it. I then carefully cut the pad in half(like filleting a fish down to 10mm) i then pushed the foam back into the fabric and taped the back closed (you can't see the back when the pad is installed) it now fits just just about perfect.

it is a GREAT helmet and 100% was AWESOME to deal with.
    I like it a lot now that it fits me

The Trajecta is not the lightest out there mine weighs 840 grams,
    But it is still plenty light enough that i don't really notice i'm wearing it when pedaling my trail bike.
    The met parachute and the TLD Stage were more like an XC helmet, while the Trajecta is more like a real DH helmet, nice plush padding, it breathes well , and is still pretty darn light...I actually really like it a lot. I'd wear the Trajecta on hot days when riding my DH bike something I'd never do with my Met.

mtbr member
    I can't help with a Bell comparison but I can say this, the Trajecta is not great for people with big heads.
    I wear a XL TLD D3 , a Large Met parachute, and I bought a Large Trajecta. I also had a XL TLD Stage which was MUCH roomier than the trajecta.

When it arrived it was very tight especially the cheek pads. It came with 32mm and 35mm cheek pads and I believe 10mm and 14mm neck pads.
    I was going to send it back for a XL because it was tight but 100% informed me the L and XL share the same shell(only the pads are different) and they sent me the pads for the XL.
    The XL cheek pads are 20mm and 25mm thick but the rest of the other pads(the liner and neck pads) are identical thickness as the Large. I installed the 20mm cheek pads and it was still slightly tight
    i ended up cutting the back of my 14mm spare neck pad just enough to remove the foam from inside it. I then carefully cut the pad in half(like filleting a fish down to 7mm) i then pushed the foam back into the fabric and taped the back closed (you can't see the back when the pad is installed) it now fits just just about perfect.

it is a GREAT helmet and 100% was AWESOME to deal with.
    I like it a lot now that it fits me

The Trajectanot the lightest out there, but it seems like a very well built breathable helmet.
    The met parachute and the TLD Stage were more like an XC helmet, while the Trajecta is more like a real DH helmet it breathes well and is still pretty darn light...I actually really like it a lot. I'd wear the Trajecta on hot days when riding my DH bike something I'd never do with my Met.
    Im 57cm size, whats your?
    SC Megatower, SC Hightower LT(sold) , SC Tallboy 3(sold), Scott Genius, Commencal Meta HT

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    i'm a 59

mtbr member
    i'm a 59
    I guess L is a safe option

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Has anyone tried both the 100% Trajecta and the IXS Trigger FF?

How do they differ in terms of fitting and is the weight difference very apparent?

I'm caught between the two because the 100% has some form of MIPS protection while the IXS doesn't, but I prefer the Fidlock clasp of the IXS instead of the D-ring for the 100%

Any comments on either would be helpful too. Thanks in advance!

mtbr member
    Sep 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by greddyvox View Post
    Has anyone tried both the 100% Trajecta and the IXS Trigger FF?

How do they differ in terms of fitting and is the weight difference very apparent?

I'm caught between the two because the 100% has some form of MIPS protection while the IXS doesn't, but I prefer the Fidlock clasp of the IXS instead of the D-ring for the 100%

Any comments on either would be helpful too. Thanks in advance!
    Never tried the 100%, but since i really liked the Trail RS Evo, i tried the Trigger FF as well as the Stage and Proframe. In the end i bought the Proframe, cuz it's the best fit for my melon.

They are all great helmets, you should try them all and see which one fits best for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2019
    Proframe, you forget it's a full face even in the hot weather.. Had it on holidays in Spain, not a bodder.
    Have had one bang and it just soaked up the impact, no buzzin or daze. Not sure about the other two but this does the biz.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Oct 2018
    Hi there,
    anyone tested/owns endura mt500 ? rly little infos on internet

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Whats the Trajecta like for trail riding?
    I use a super 3 r and never take the chin guard off. Its a bit old now and squeaks like a bugger, so want to change to a new helmet. I have a 100% Aircraft for bike park stuff, but do a lot of trail riding, the 100% helmets fit me really well, so really interested in the Trajecta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by db3266 View Post
    Whats the Trajecta like for trail riding?
    I use a super 3 r and never take the chin guard off. Its a bit old now and squeaks like a bugger, so want to change to a new helmet. I have a 100% Aircraft for bike park stuff, but do a lot of trail riding, the 100% helmets fit me really well, so really interested in the Trajecta.

I had the Bell Super DH in M size and switched to the Trajecta (L size) full time for trail riding. Squeaks be gone!

Best part about the Trajecta, aside from lack of that MIPS liner squeak, is that it feels more ventilated, probably because the chin is further away from the face.

But it does squeeze my cheekbones a little, despite upsizing (I'm a 58cm head and I got the large which is for 59-61cm circumfrence). I put in the thinner of the two pads (32mm instead of 35mm), but still, it's a little tight. It's tolerable once you start riding though. I was prepared to get the optional "thin" cheek pad kit, but decided to just let it be for now, hoping the foam compresses after a while.

As one magazine review pointed out, the D strap sits a little close to the neck, but if you don't tend to buckle your strap down very closely, it won't bother you. The slightly heavier weight of the Trajecta vs the Bell Super DH isn't very noticeable either.

Hope that helps you

mtbr member
    Nov 2014
    Thanks mate. Is there a way to convert a double d ring to a clip buckle?

Demon Cleaner
    Quote Originally Posted by mpress View Post
    I tried on both the Fox ProFrame and the TLD Stage. I loved the color of the Fox, but the TLD was a much better fit for my head. YMMV!
    My exact experience. Others heads may differ but for mine, the TLD is a win.

Bicycling is politics by other means.

mtbr member