Fox Racing Rampage Helmet- Mtbr.com
    moaaar shimz

Fox Racing Rampage Helmet

Does anyone have this helmet or can say something about it?

Jul 2005
    all i have to say is it looks nice....

moaaar shimz
    No one has this helmet? WTF

I like air!
    Quote Originally Posted by tacubaya
    No one has this helmet? WTF
    I got one (Black) but I have nothing really to add. I bought it at the mountain the other day because my other helmet was accidentally taken by someone else. It fit ok, has some vents but nothing special. Its not any lighter, better fitting or ventilated over my 661 and I question if it even looks any better.

moaaar shimz
    Okay.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    I got one it feels really nice but the paint is starting o crack but it has saved my head numerous times

Jun 2006
    I havnt seen one up close or wore one but I can tell you that FOX always makes nice stuff. Everything FOX that I own has lasted forever, and it really well made. Personally I ride a Troy Lee Designs D2 and thats probably the best helmet I have ever ridden. But for the price that FOX helmet looks and sounds pretty nice ... (just pick up a visor a bit, looks stupid pointing down)

moaaar shimz
    Thanks for the feedback, I'll be trying it out next to some giros and azonics.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I have one and it is very nice. The first time I saw it I liked it, and I ended up breaking my previous helmet a little too soon, before this one came out. So I got some other helmet, and then got this one less than a month later. A lot of money on helmets, but I'm not dissapointed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    I got one a week ago. In the silver. I used for my first DH race. We did about 7-8 runs then our race runs the next day. I would have to say I didnt notice it which I guess is good. I looked at D2s (which didnt fit me that well) Giro and the Spec Deviants. The chin guard on the Deviants seemed quite high so I thought I might have trouble seeing over it. The Fox just fitted right and I could see well out of it. They are also a good price. I am happy with mine so far.

Hope that helps a little.

moaaar shimz
    Yeah it helped a lot, thanks

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ebfreerider510
    all i have to say is it looks nice....

same for me
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Jun 2004
    doesnt look very well ventilated.

Moose Enthusiast
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by NZSpokes
    I got one a week ago. In the silver. I used for my first DH race. We did about 7-8 runs then our race runs the next day. I would have to say I didnt notice it which I guess is good. I looked at D2s (which didnt fit me that well) Giro and the Spec Deviants. The chin guard on the Deviants seemed quite high so I thought I might have trouble seeing over it. The Fox just fitted right and I could see well out of it. They are also a good price. I am happy with mine so far.

Hope that helps a little.
    the spec deviants chin guard is a bit high but if your wearing goggles you cant even see it

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by hofferfish
    the spec deviants chin guard is a bit high but if your wearing goggles you cant even see it
    Specialized Deviant Rocks...the vents are crucial...gotta breathe when you pound them pedals fast!

The long chinbar goes away when you wear goggles...take a looksee:

Thats me from Sea Otter...yeah...the vents were basically required to get through the mud. The deviant is a great helmet. Its reasonably light, it looks good, it vents well and it protects your head (or so I've heard). I would ride a Fox helmet, but price and the lack of vents tends to turn me the other way.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Members who have read this thread: 1