Fox Launch shorts and compression shorts underneath?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Fox Launch shorts and compression shorts underneath?

Hello all! I'm a new rider and I bought a pair of Fox Launch Shorts for the protection and compression. Well, I tried them on today after they arrived in the mail and I don't feel that compression like my Nike shorts, especially in the the *ahem* man region. Is it recommended that I can wear my compression shorts underneath these, or will that cause unnecessary chaffing?

Tire Geek O_o
    I use nike compression dri-fit shorts, or sometimes a Skins compression short, (skins is way better in the compression deparment) , the nike shorts dry faster and makes them quite alright for riding. Never experienced shaffing with both of them.
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by cesalec View Post
    I use nike compression dri-fit shorts, or sometimes a Skins compression short, (skins is way better in the compression deparment) , the nike shorts dry faster and makes them quite alright for riding. Never experienced shaffing with both of them.
    how about those compression shorts underneath the fox shorts? I want the padding for obvious reasons, but I need the compression as well.

Tire Geek O_o
    you want to use the compression short underneath the chamois?
    In that case the nike is better (thinner) though the compression is well, barely noticable.
    the skins short is thicker and once I used it underneath a Fox short with integrated liner with chamois, it was abit uncomfortable particularly no the region of the leg elastic bands.

but without liner, both feel good, I use the skins in longer rides, since they are not as good moisture wicking as the Nikes but the compression is way better. You should know the skins is not a bike designed compression short, there are other brands out there with great compression shorts specifically designed for bike use. Assos (the swiss brand) comes to my mind at this moment (expensive)
    Last edited by cesalec; 07-04-2012 at 08:56 AM.

mtbr member
    Jun 2012
    Update: I double shorted for a few days and it felt good. The chamois helped a lot and got no friction/chaffing from wearing both. The Nike shorts took care of the sweat where I knew that the Fox shorts would be completely soaked. I'll be using both as is for quite a while

Tire Geek O_o
    good to know it worked out for you!

Members who have read this thread: 0