fox gloves- Mtbr.com

Thread: fox gloves

Feb 2008

fox gloves

any recomandation for fox dirtpaw gloves?

Don't be hasty.
    Jun 2007
    They're alright, a little stretchy for my tastes. Cheap enough though.

Nov 2007
    The Dirtpaw is a great glove. The sizing is very accurate and they are very comfortable. Mine have yet to rip and Ive been really rough on em since the day I got em almost a year ago. Id recommend em.

fnar fnar brrraaaaap
    Trouble with fox glove are their design- the palms are generally made up of two or more panels- joined across where you rest your hands on the bars. The stitching of these pieces is a weak point that rips or becomes un -stiched.

I'd never buy a pair of fox gloves again after two in under 6 months failed due to this design fault.

Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by ilostmypassword
    Trouble with fox glove are their design- the palms are generally made up of two or more panels- joined across where you rest your hands on the bars. The stitching of these pieces is a weak point that rips or becomes un -stiched.

I'd never buy a pair of fox gloves again after two in under 6 months failed due to this design fault.
    Thats unfortunate cause I would say the opposite having owned Dakine, 661, TLD, etc. After those I went to fox and am yet to try anything other than.

mtbr member
    The DirtPaws for some reason don't callus my hands. Must be the double layer palms. I can usually ride hard DH all day without sore hands. only $20 at the moto shop last year.

wretch
    It sucks. I tore through mine in less than a week. Just putting it on and the seam at the cuff ripped. Put it on two days ago and find three more holes. One crash and its totally tore up. It's comfy, sure, but it doesnt hold up AT ALL. Poor construction. The only gloves Ive every been really satisfied with are Dakine. . . and Dakine is heck of a lot nicer to deal with in terms of possible return/exchange.

calma
    I gone through approximately 5 pairs of fox gloves in the last 10 years and I have used many of the different types / styles and loved them all.

I currently wear the unibomber glove for light dh, dj and agressive trail riding.

http://shop.foxracing.com/ecomm/Auto...=24069001F.jpg

Feb 2008
    dirt paws FTW!

My other Auto is a .45
    I buy my gloves at cycle gear, if you have a problem with the stitching they will let you exchange them. They have a no-hassle return policy that is fantastic!
    My friends call me Bryan and the ladies call me daddy.

Jun 2005
    I've had Dirt Paws for a few months now. They're super cheap ($) so they work. They really need a snot rag on the thumb. My favorite glove I've ever worn was actually the REI brand "Novara" glove. I beat the hell outta those gloves and not even one stitch pulled out. And they had a snot rag built in!

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I dont know how people can say fox gloves dont hold up. I have had the same pair for 10 years (not my only pair) now and they also serve as my work gloves because they feel so great! I just replaced them with a new fox glove because after 10 years they smelled horrible!

Dirt Deviant
    I have a pair of the Fox Sidewinder gloves and they are SICK!!!! But a little pricey @ $40 retail. I also have a pair of the Fox Digit and they are sweet too. And I sport some AXO Ride full fingers as well. Very tough, but a bit warmer for summer use. If you got the cash, get the sidewinders.
    Look, whatever happens, don't fight the mountain.

mtbr member
    I owned a pair of dirt paws and they worked okay but I would currently recommend the fox digits. they dont wear down as easy and breathe a little better.

slo65
    i've had some dirtpaws for about 6 months now, i love them, still look pretty new, breathe well and handled a recent otb trip, plus they look killer

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Have a pair of Fox Sidewinders, great gloves, have crashed and bashed them and still holding up, last pair of gloves Kona Cowan lasted about 3 months and fell apart.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    +1 for sidewinders....don't even notice them while riding, fairly lightweight

Dirt Deviant
    My fav part about the sidewinders is the waffle part on the outside palm area. Really saves your hands in a crash and is so light and plyable you don't even notice it is there.

mtbr member
    I'll give you guys a tip, head down to your local MX shop. There you can buy the primo MX gloves for about half the price of a primo MTB glove....even though they are the same thing. Plus MX gloves seem to last for ever.

I just bought these ones about a month ago.

$32 CDN after tax, comparable glove in the MTB shop...any where from $50-60.

Dirt Deviant
    I've found the Motocross gloves to be quite a bit thicker and warmer than good MTB gloves. A concern for me seeing as we get several days over the summer that top out near and above 110 degrees F.
    Good MTB gloves are usually between 20-40$ usd at my shop.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    the sidewinders are the only fox gloves that are worth the money IMO. those for thick, if you want thin, go 661 Raji.

mtbr member
    I have the all black dirtpaws, they're great. No complaints, and they look decent enough too.
    2013 Cannondale F29 2
    2013 Giant Seek 0
    2010 Specialized SX Trail
    2009 Cannondale Rize 4

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Like many, I've been pretty pissed about the direction FOX has gone in the last 8 years and I've pretty much written off ever wearing their gear for motorcycling ever again. However, you can't deny that they have it figured out how to make a good glove. I have loads of dirt paws and pawtectors left over from when I wore their stuff before they went too Madison Ave. I wear the old gloves for mountain biking. My all time favorite FOX glove is the Blitz. It's a great mountain biking glove. The model I have would have been 2007 maybe 2006. I love that glove. You guys should check it out if you get a chance. I'm pretty sure Stewart helped design it and he prefers a pretty non traditional palm that translates well to mountain biking. It's more of a Chamis style palm.

In the MOTO world, FOX has long set the bar for their gloves. After wearing FOX for so long, the other stuff feels like cheap laborer's gloves.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by skywaybuzz
    The DirtPaws for some reason don't callus my hands. Must be the double layer palms. I can usually ride hard DH all day without sore hands. only $20 at the moto shop last year.
    Do you mean blister or callus? You want calluses (blisters can often turn into good calluses). Calluses are your friends.

Members who have read this thread: 0