Fox full finger gloves sizing?- Mtbr.com
    Tire Geek O_o

New question here. Fox full finger gloves sizing?

Hi I am in the process of getting several new pairs of gloves, since I am not happy with the 661 and the Giro models Ive had.

I kind like the Fox Digit and Reflex looks, but Ive heard somewhere that Fox gloves are smaller than normal. Say I use S in 661 and Giro, and that I should go for M in Fox offerings?

Anyone has experience with Fox glove sizing?
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I just bought a pair of Digits. I like them, but they do run a little tight. The wrist strap also barely closes around my wrist and I have thin wrists.

Carbon or Commie?
    Fox and Giro sizing around the palm is about the same. Giro fingers are a bit longer than the Fox gloves that I have tried though.

mtbr member
    I usually wear Large, but I needed XL Fox Digits and they still took a little breaking in...nice glove though.

Tire Geek O_o
    Basically I have to go for M then in the Foxs?
    http://32spokesmtb.com - Promoting MTB & cycling from Mexico to the World!

Carbon or Commie?
    Quote Originally Posted by cesalec View Post
    Basically I have to go for M then in the Foxs?
    If a S giro fit you, I would go for a S in Fox, personally.

Giro seams were in all the wrong places for my hands, fox weren't. BUT, I wear the same size in both brands (XL). For comparison, I wear a M in home-depot/walmart gloves and a 9 (L) in Held gloves.

mtbr member
    I bought two pairs..black and white of the Fox Dirtpaw's 2012 and normally in the short-finger Bontragers I have are in XL, but the Fox's I had to get XXL which is size 12. perfect fit and I love them.

Local Yamaha dealership had them in stock, so it was good to try on before order online (for less price).
    '12 Trek Cobia 29er

mtbr member
    May 2012
    Fox gloves run small for me. Needed a large, but I wear a medium with other brands.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    I boughy a pair of fox unabomber gloves yestrtday.. Went riding last night, otb once into mud and the seam on the palm ripped. Not too happy as these werent "cheap" gloves.

And yes I would normally wear a M but had to go w L

I just bought the Reflexs yesterday. I wear a small their a small, they fit like a glove. Go to REI and try them on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone's View Post
    Id scrap the passion forum all together, its a breeding ground for unicorn milkers, rainbow chasers and candy cotton farters.

mtbr member
    May 2012
    I just bought the Fox Digits 3 weeks ago. I bought a large, which is normal for me, but the Fox Digits were tighter than my previous Giros (also Large). The Fox fits great though, I like them much better than the Giros. Good grip, seem to be durable but then again I just bought them. Picked them up for $30 at LBS. Yeah, best bet is to go try some on.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    please please please go try them on. I swear, every year fox gloves fit differently on me. Right now I'm in a large dirtpaw and reflex. My first pair ever was a large. Then I got a sidewinder that was a large and was too big. Then I got a medium unabomber and they were just right. Now I'm back in a large and they're just right. I doubt that my hands shrunk and then grew again. I really like my gloves to fit tight with no bunching and no moving around, but they can't constrict either. I wear a large Giro Remedy glove, for reference. They were just a bit bigger.

Moral of the story is, go try them on someplace, and hopefully buy them there. Mail order discounts on gloves aren't that big, but getting a pair that fits is worth it.

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    +1 for trying them on. I replaced an older pair of mediums with a new pair of extra large. And I would not call my hands big at all.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Ive found the sizing varies based on the Fox models

mtbr member
    May 2008
    As far as I can tell, Fox gloves got two sizes smaller this year. I used to be able to wear an XL Dirtpaw, which was a little snug, while an XXL Dirtpaw was a little loose but felt much better and therefore was my go to pair. Now, I cannot even get 4 fingers into an XL Dirtpaw and the XXL Dirtpaw is way too small for me to get my hand into. So Fox gets no business from me this year.

Members who have read this thread: 2