Fox full finger glove good for summer..- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2014

Fox full finger glove good for summer..

Looking to get a fox full finger glove, but looking for something that breathes well in the summer heat.

Dirtpaw, Airline, attack?

Does anyone wear a fox full finger in the summer and if so, which one handles sweat better?

mtbr member
    I like the dirtpaw a lot but it doesn't have a terry cloth thumb. It's very thin and has a mesh back and fingers so it's not too hot.

Robertson
    Dirtpaws tend to be well recommended for the summer. I personally use Endura Full Monty gloves in the summer, they're a touch more expensive than the dirtpaws but super durable, and are made to use at Moab so they have lots of venting and breath well.

mtbr member
    Aug 2014
    I have been using Dirt Paws for the last 6 years. They are great for summer, even in 90+ degree weather my hands don't get terribly hot.

I am trying out a pair of Giro DND gloves this year. They were on clearance from Jenson for $12 so no worries if I don't like them.
    '15 Niner Jet 9 Carbon
    '19 Karate Monkey
    Motobecane Boris
    Raleigh Willard 3, Furley & Militis 3 (SS)
    Nashbar Carbon Road

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I have been wearing the sidewinder. I sweat buckets with or without gloves, the sidewinder doesn't feel too hot and soaks up all the sweat so I never feel uncomfortable.

The Original Suspect
    I have several, the Dirtpaw being one, but the Fox Reflex is my favorite. Light mesh on top and light padding. I live in Arizona and I wear them thru the summer.

Fox used to make a glove I loved with full thumb and index finger and half the rest. Don't know why they stopped making it.

Robertson
    Quote Originally Posted by blkangel View Post
    I have been using Dirt Paws for the last 6 years. They are great for summer, even in 90+ degree weather my hands don't get terribly hot.

I am trying out a pair of Giro DND gloves this year. They were on clearance from Jenson for $12 so no worries if I don't like them.
    I have a pair of the DNDs, bought not on closeout (at an LBS) when I was in a rush. They've been fairly durable (only glove for 2x week riding from September through now), but I found the ventilation lacking, and the lack of a cuff closure drove me nuts as they would ride up my hands when sweaty.

Always in the wrong gear
    Quote Originally Posted by HitmenOnlyInc View Post
    Fox used to make a glove I loved with full thumb and index finger and half the rest. Don't know why they stopped making it.
    In the mid-90's a company called Qranc made a glove with half ring and pinkie, but full thumb, index and middle. Padded palm, Terry sweat patch, lycra back with soft plastic knuckles. Man I loved those gloves. I wore them for like 5 years until they pretty much fell apart.

Funny how things come in cycles, Just yesterday I was looking at my natty Answer Fall Lines and thinking I needed new summer gloves.
    Anyone know anything about Alpniestar Moabs? I mean, it's named MOAB, they *should* do well in the heat.

Ninja-edited fo' dat grammar.

The Original Suspect
    Quote Originally Posted by ARandomBiker View Post
    In the mid-90's a company called Qranc made a glove with half ring and pinkie, but full thumb, index and middle. Padded palm, Terry sweat patch, lycra back with soft plastic knuckles. Man I loved those gloves. I wore them for like 5 years until they pretty much fell apart.

Funny how things come in cycles, Just yesterday I was looking at my natty Answer Fall Lines and thinking I needed new summer gloves.
    Anyone know anything about Alpniestar Moabs? I mean, it's named MOAB, they do well in the heat.
    I'd love a glove like that here in Az!

unrooted
    I have a pair of Fox Attack gloves, probably the most breathable glove I've ever worn. I also have the Giro DND in white, they are great gloves but not as breathable as the attack.

The Fox Airline Savant glove looks like it would be really breathable, I might pick up a pair. . .

Another lightweigh option is the Troy Lee Ace

mtbr member
    I wear Fly Kinetic gloves for dirt bike racing. Since I already own them they are also convenient for the MTB riding too.

Amazon.com: fly kinetic glove
    In serving the wicked, expect no reward, and be thankful if you escape injury for your pains.

meow meow
    +1 for the attack. super breathable, super thin, super simple. pull on; no velcro, thin, unpadded glove.