Fontana Helmet Cam 5
    BIG UPS TO CHRISTIAN SCHLOESSMAN FOR HIS 1ST PLACE FINISH IN 27-34 EXPERT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEGn0X9HJtg
  • 03-18-2007
    ll 3nZo ll
    Great vid. looks like an awesome ride.
  • 03-18-2007
    dezul43
    we are very lucky to race every two weeks at fontana during the winter. a ton of fun.....
  • 03-19-2007
    dezul43
    check it out in better resolution at www.dhrides.com/FONTANA%20HELMET%20CAM%205.mov
  • 03-19-2007
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    very cool
  • 03-20-2007
    Mudd
    Awesome!
  • 03-20-2007
    TNC
    As Borat would say..."Very nice!" You know, some of those sections looked a little like Sovereign Trail at Moab. It was hard to tell the perspective of how steep those decents were, as I'm sure the camera "flattened" it out to some degree. Good stuff.
  • 03-20-2007
    Secace
    Nice, man I can't wait till it warms up and dries out up here in the NE a little to start riding again!! You guys able to ride that place whenever or only during scheduled events?
  • 03-20-2007
    coma13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Secace
    Nice, man I can't wait till it warms up and dries out up here in the NE a little to start riding again!! You guys able to ride that place whenever or only during scheduled events?

You could if you wanted to... but there are a lot better options that are a lot more shuttlable (the road is gated on non-race weekends) fairly close by.
  • 03-20-2007
    SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Secace

you can ride it all the time (summer is way hot ....110 degrees and more is common)

shuttles during race but no shuttles any other time
  • 03-20-2007
    Secace
    Seems like a fun, fast course. I suppose lots of guys run shuttles with some buddies or did I read that right that the access road to the top is closed off to prevent vehicle traffic by privateers?:madman:
    That would bite!!
  • 03-20-2007
    dezul43
    looking forward to racing this weekend.......