Flats and BOA?

Printable View

• 03-01-2018
    Stalkerfiveo
    Flats and BOA?
    My last 2 pairs of shoes have had BOA closures and I absolutely love them. Now I am transitioning from clipless to flats and would liek some shoes made for flats, but with BOA closures.

I now there are some options like the Spesh Clip-Lite, but I was hoping for something with a solid bottom instead of the SPD cut outs. Something like a 2FO with BOA would be perfect. But I cannot seem to find anything like that.

Anything out there like this?
  • 03-01-2018
    evasive
    For some reason every single shoe manufacturer seems to think that flat pedal shoes must be styled like skate shoes. Plenty of people have griped about that over the years, but it lingers. AFAIK, the closest a flat pedal shoe comes to SPD style is the new Shimano GR9, but they use laces, not BOA.
  • 03-01-2018
    Stalkerfiveo
    Yeah, I’m not a big fan of the Shimano speed lace either. They’re in my Shimano ME7 and they’re okay, but the ratchet over the ankle makes them bearable.
  • 03-02-2018
    288GTO
    You can always glue some stereo knobs for the look ;)
  • 03-05-2018
    Stalkerfiveo
    I have spent the last 3 days searching high and low. At one point I thought I had even reached the end of the internet! It seems anything with BOA, ratchet buckles, or cinch velcro also has cleat cut outs.