FiveTen "Scribbles"- Mtbr.com
    Austin, Texas

FiveTen "Scribbles"

Since many of you have asked where I had bought my Scribbles, and did I receive them, I thought I would just post up a general answer for most...and tell a little tale. I bought my Karvers awhile back on Huck n Roll. I decided that for what I did, and where I did it, the Karvers were just too bulky and hot. Huck n Roll was fantastic and took them back. I talked with some of the folks at FiveTen and they said that the Karver's, Impacts, etc... were definitely geared towards the downhillers, and that the Red Baron's were a good compromise between the Karvers and Freeriders. The White/Black Freerider "Scribbles" are actually the same shoe as the Baron, except different color. Unfortunately, H n R was out of them, so I bought them from ShockGarden.

I did not receive them, and longer story a little shorter, after 3 emails and 2 phone calls, in which a person from Shockgarden assured me that the shoes were in the next, then the next, then the next shipment, they finally told me they had arrived and were sent. They were also supposed to add a small item for my troubles. When I recieved them, they were the Freerider White Tigers, and the extra item was not with them. I could understand a mistake, but after all of our talks, and with the receipt in the box showing the W/B Freeriders, but send me the White Tigers...it was fairly obvious they were hoping I would not notice. Really? Of course I fired off an email and phone call about it.

The next day a man from Global Hero called me and asked me what had happened, and was it Shockgarden, or another company. I told him it was Shockgarden and relayed the entire story. He agreed about my assessment, refunded a little of my money, sent the other item, but more importantly, he told me that the "Scribbles" were a discontinued shoe and everyone should have known that they would not be in any new orders. So the bottom line is if any of you find them out there and want them, you better jump on them in a hurry. I will certainly not be doing business with Shockgarden anymore, but will certainly spend my money at Huck n Roll anytime.

mtbr member
    They haven't been out that long, wth? I got my "scribbles" about 5 months ago and love 'em. Was using High Impacts, but for what I do, the Freeriders are more comfortable, and get the job done.
    2009 Enduro SL Comp
    2010 SX Trail II
    2011 Giant STP

Austin, Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by OMJustice View Post
    They haven't been out that long, wth? I got my "scribbles" about 5 months ago and love 'em. Was using High Impacts, but for what I do, the Freeriders are more comfortable, and get the job done.
    I know, I don't get it...wth indeed! The White/Black Freerider Scribbles are apparently fairly popular, so why shut them down so soon. The guy I talked to at Global said they had been discontinued, and that Shockgarden has known they were discontinued for awhile. There were no more shipments supposed to arrive, yet they kept telling me that. I think the blatant attempt to deceive was what really irked me the most from that company. Oh well, I won't ever buy from them again, and I'll just enjoy the Tigers for awhile. I think they look pretty nice, and are certainly lighter and easier wearing than the Karvers. I'll be riding for the first time with them early tomorrow morning.

mtbr member
    Feb 2007
    The White/Black Freerider "Scribbles" are actually the same shoe as the Baron, except different color.
    If you compare the Freeride Scribbles and the Baron you will find that these shoes are different designs.

K

Austin, Texas
    [QUOTE=krissy;8387058]If you compare the Freeride Scribbles and the Baron you will find that these shoes are different designs.

K[/QUOTE

The Scribbles follow the design of the Baron much more than a regular Freerider, primarily in the tougher toe box area, and with the band of rubber stretching from the toe to the laces. Thanks though. Regardless, I'm surprised that FiveTen would discontinue them so quickly, they seem fairly popular.