Fiveten hightops- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Fiveten hightops

So google tells me high top freeriders exist.. But fiveten website has no mention of them..

I see the old impact high, but that looks too much like a hiking boot for my liking.. The google images of the free rider high are what I'm after, anyone know what's the deal, have they been discontinued?

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    Here ya go.

SS16 Five Ten Catalog by Five Ten

Page 65

Should be out by March, is what I've read somewhere. i'm looking forward to it too, was a long-time Line King fan

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Ah man, march!? I don't know if my vans sk8 hi will last that long

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by greddyvox View Post
    Here ya go.

SS16 Five Ten Catalog by Five Ten

Page 65

Should be out by March, is what I've read somewhere. i'm looking forward to it too, was a long-time Line King fan
    Love the Line Kings too, and mine finally wore out recently after 2 years of heavy riding. I was able to find a used pair in like new condition on ebay for $35.00. There was a bunch of brand new pairs for around $80 as well.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Tried the impact hightops. Agree...they were like wearing hiking boots, except with even less feel. Have high hopes for the hightop freeriders.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    I couldn't wait till March either, so I bought the canvas Freeriders recently. Took me a while to pull the trigger cos I have always preferred high cut riding shoes.

My Line King's soles have holes in them (which I have patched with Shoe Goo before) and after living with that for months, there was a sale on Freeriders at CRC so I snagged them.

Might still be tempted to get that Freerider High, but to be honest the Freerider canvas is perfectly fine. Just so used to high tops ever since i started riding with Vans many years back

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by greddyvox View Post
    I couldn't wait till March either, so I bought the canvas Freeriders recently. Took me a while to pull the trigger cos I have always preferred high cut riding shoes.

My Line King's soles have holes in them (which I have patched with Shoe Goo before) and after living with that for months, there was a sale on Freeriders at CRC so I snagged them.

Might still be tempted to get that Freerider High, but to be honest the Freerider canvas is perfectly fine. Just so used to high tops ever since i started riding with Vans many years back
    Yeah Ive been thinking of just going the regular free rider route , but then came across the new vans sk8 hi MTE, they have a slightly different sole pattern, I wonder if it would offer more grip than the standard sk8 hi, might look into those

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Well seems fiveten heard my cries.. Free rider highs available on the site! I actually sent them a fb message the other day asking about the highs , didn't get a response but then they magically show up on the website, pricy at $120, but ff20/discount code works on them, ordered a pair, stoked.

JXG
    mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    I love the Impact Highs for the protection and grip.

I keep them in my Amazon "Saved for later" cart. In the fall they drop to about $40 and a buy a couple pairs.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by f0nz0 View Post
    Well seems fiveten heard my cries.. Free rider highs available on the site! I actually sent them a fb message the other day asking about the highs , didn't get a response but then they magically show up on the website, pricy at $120, but ff20/discount code works on them, ordered a pair, stoked.
    Wondering if you ever tried the Impact highs? If so, would love to know how the Freerider highs compare. I wanted to like the Impact highs but they didn't fit the same as the lows & I thought the padding around the ankles was excessive & kinda clumsy. I love the Freerider lows & they fit me perfect...hoping the highs have the same fit and less padding around the ankles.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OldGringo View Post
    Wondering if you ever tried the Impact highs? If so, would love to know how the Freerider highs compare. I wanted to like the Impact highs but they didn't fit the same as the lows & I thought the padding around the ankles was excessive & kinda clumsy. I love the Freerider lows & they fit me perfect...hoping the highs have the same fit and less padding around the ankles.
    never tried the impact highs, like you i also thought the design around the heel and ankle seemed a bit excessive, my freerider highs came in the other day and i love them, great fit, great support, i just wished they offered more colors, but as it stands this WILL be my mtb shoe for as long as i can ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2015
    Nice...thanks for the reply. Looks like you wasted no time breaking them in! I'm gonna give them a try...heading to TX for some warmer weather riding over the holidays. Will have to go black...that maroon color is awful.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    too bad not on sale like the regular freriders @ 79.92 minus 20 percent..64 bucks vs, 96$
    mm...what to do...
    i guess it is important to protect my ankles..
    ours is an extreme sport